SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Silvertone 1383L Kay K-161 Thin Twin Jimmy Reed

This Silvertone was produced by Kay of Chicago. In the Kay catalogue it was known as the K161 and was endorsed by Jimmy Reed (the model is also known as the Jimmy Reed model). Sears marketed this guitar as the 1382L Thin Twin under the Silvertone brand. 

Very rare Silvertone Thin Twin, bought a few years back to satisfy my inner Jimmy Reed.  The previous owner had the neck professionally reset so the action is low and comfortable and the intonation is good all the way up the neck. This is the only one I've owned but to the best of my research every is original and there have been no breaks or repairs. Pickups all sound great and the frets are good with no dead spots. Condition is what you'd expect for a guitar approaching 70 years old but they do say the best ones get played.

Collection from Warrington or I will ship in a non original hardcase.

Fretboard friendly price of £800.00

'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Brilliant guitars I love mine 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Andy79Andy79 Frets: 888
    Shit the entire bed that’s cool. Bob Dylan used one on the never ending tour. Useless trivia. 
  • Brilliant guitars I love mine 
    Thanks @jamesoliver1234 Yes, I was playing it earlier, just delicious tones.
  • Andy79 said:
    Shit the entire bed that’s cool. Bob Dylan used one on the never ending tour. Useless trivia. 
    The man has taste :)
  • Sold