SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Gretsch G6120 1955 DSW Nashville

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
edited July 2022 in Guitars £
Selling my lovely 6120 Nashville DSW.

As many know on here I've been through loads of Gretsch's and this is as good as I've had. I bought this off everyones favourite service station lurker @DB1. He has tried to buy it back from me about once a week in the year or so of me owning it...He's been given dibs but he keeps buying 50s Gibson archtops so it's here on the open market.

The DSW stands for Dynasonic Western. It's basically the same model as the current vintage select 1955 6120 Gretsch offers.

Notice the Nashville signpost on the pick guard instead of the usual Chet Atkins... this was from that weird period when Chet was between Gibson and Gretsch. I actually prefer the little Nashville sign but it doesn't make much difference either way??

The guitar is from 2003 and is in lovely condition for its age the usual tarnishing to the gold hardware on the pickups and knobs but again I think it looks cooler for it. It's a light and resonant guitar and it really sings. 

Comes with its COA, Gretsch case etc.

Asking for £1900

Collected from SK4

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited July 2022
    Every bloody week I've asked if you want to sell it. Every bloody week you said no. I even had to go and buy another one, then I bought two other Gretsches as well. Now you want to sell it.

It's a lovely guitar - it's what I think of as a proper Gretsch sound - and Alex is one of my favourite car park 'companions'. o
    Call me Dave.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8335
    Crikey, that’s a beauty!
    GLWTS

Marlin
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6076
    Oh for (!@!!!@&*@*@*@(s Sake  :o

My absolute biggest G temptation. 
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    I honestly think Gretsch make the best looking guitars but I do think you have to go through a few to find a really good one! 

This is a special one as far as 6120's go... It's super resonant unplugged but those Dynasonics are something else... Weirdly I'm pretty sure they are just the Gretsch stock ones but they have that special something, I've often wondered if they was changed out unknowingly to me for TV Jones or CS Seymour Duncans.

Just a good day the factory I presume though.

• OffsetOffset Frets: 13356
    Superb.  And I absolutely adore your wallpaper.  GLWTS.
    Offset said:
    Thanks!

I'm still fuming about this wallpaper! Bloody interiors mad wife. It cost more than the guitar :p
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    AlexO said:
    Offset said:
    Thanks!

I'm still fuming about this wallpaper! Bloody interiors mad wife. It cost more than the guitar :p
    Your new nickname is Fretboard Boris  :)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Hattigol said:
    AlexO said:
    Offset said:
    Thanks!

Your new nickname is Fretboard Boris  :)
    Who put 50p in you  ;)
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6076
    AlexO said:
    I honestly think Gretsch make the best looking guitars but I do think you have to go through a few to find a really good one! 

This is a special one as far as 6120's go... It's super resonant unplugged but those Dynasonics are something else... Weirdly I'm pretty sure they are just the Gretsch stock ones but they have that special something, I've often wondered if they was changed out unknowingly to me for TV Jones or CS Seymour Duncans.

Just a good day the factory I presume though.

Not a popular opinion but I’ve always thought the best filters and dynas are the G brand ones. All the others have been a bit too smooth for my tastes. I like a little bite from my Gretsches 
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6884
    I have the Chet Version of this from DB1, it's in the brighter orange, has Chet Atkins on the plate but other wise the same, as I'm sure you know. It's a f**king belter. 

Someone needs to own this guitar for sure. 
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3377
    Definitely one of the bucket list, will have one one day. 
    Will be travelling from Manchester to Kent/ Margate on the 1st August - 7th if that helps anyone want to meet for the guitar.
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    That's really lovely! GLWTS
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited July 2022
    AlexO said:
    Will be travelling from Manchester to Kent/ Margate on the 1st August - 7th if that helps anyone want to meet for the guitar.

Manchester to Margate in six days - are you going in a Model T?  :#

If you're on that route (or even if you're not) and you fancy a Gretsch with a real, proper Gretsch sound, this is it. 
    Call me Dave.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom