Bernard Cribbins

What's Hot
PhilKingPhilKing Frets: 1473
Just saw that Bernard Cribbins died, though 93 is a great age.  Remember you're a womble still!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12314
    He always seemed a nice bloke and was a very decent actor. I heard him on a program talking about Dora Bryan recently and he was quite the posh sounding chap, don’t you know, what what…..not at all what I expected really. He’ll forever be the bloke singing “Right said Fred” and “Digging a Hole” for me. RIP. 

• exocetexocet Frets: 1948
    Sad news.
    He was such a witty story teller.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • richardhomerrichardhomer Frets: 24793
    Funnily enough, we’re going to the Keighley and Worth Valley railway this weekend, where the The Railway Children was filmed…

Genuinely gutted by this news - he seemed a lovely man.

RIP Mr Cribbins and thank you for being one of those people who make life better.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    No!! :( 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bacchanalianbacchanalian Frets: 880
    Quite poignant given the recent anniversary re-release of the Railway Children.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28280
    Such a lovely chap, and one of those that I have watched all my life. My earliest memories are the funny songs but I also loved him in the Doctor Who film with Peter Cushing. He was a great addition to the later Doctor Who series. RIP Bernard
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26753
    He was one of the best things to happen to 2005+ Doctor Who by miles. Never mind the entire 50+ year career that preceded that. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2335
    tFB Trader
    Very sad news, he was great in Doctor Who and just about everything else he was involved in he will be sadly missed.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• KittyfriskKittyfrisk Frets: 18384
    A genuine gentle quietly brilliant talented man. 
    An ex. paratrooper who from my childhood was the voice of Jackanory, Tufty & The Wombles, as well as so very many other roles.
    RIP.
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 15476
    Like Kitty, I probably first really remember him from Jackanory, he was, in part, responsible for my love of stories and story telling. It gets said often at times like this, but he was one of the genuine greats, a real stalwart of the British acting scene. 

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7744
    Oh no. sad news.  RIP
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4084
    Awwwww noooo one of the last remainders of my very young childhood ,he was all over the tele when I was a kid. Very sad news . Is there anyone like him left now ?
  • scrumhalfscrumhalf Frets: 11262
    Sad news. He was always on the telly but never outstayed his welcome, you never got sick of seeing him.

Farewell, Nervous O'Toole. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13564
    quite simply,    where do you start ?   - impossible

a real,  true  legend
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
  • westwest Frets: 994
    scrumhalf said:
    Sad news. He was always on the telly but never outstayed his welcome, you never got sick of seeing him.

Farewell, Nervous O'Toole. 

wiz .... for that ! love wrong arm of the law  but my very most favourite bernard film is " Two way stretch " with peter sellars , dave lodge ( he was in cockle shell heroes lol )  irene handle and liz fraser .... its a belter  !  "oh my god its soapy stevens !" ...

another thing to mention is his small part as landlord  in hitchcocks frenzy , where his line to john finch "you should be pulling pints instead of pulling her tits ! " was quite the shock .. loved him as cuffy in the shillingbury blowers .. ( not the stand alone series .. )  and everything else mentioned that he was good in ... rip ...x
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14034
    tFB Trader
    Now I know why he was 'digging a hole, a hole  in the ground' - A song that I somehow recall from Ed Stewart and Junior Choice - That and Right Said Fred - Both catchy in a clever way and not corny - He was always on Jackanory as well I recall

And who can forget his role in Fawlty Towers 

RIP Mr Cribbins
  • westwest Frets: 994
    x
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3822
    edited July 2022
    He's one of these guys that I couldn't tell you much of his stuff off the top of my head but just always seemed to be around. 
    Watching classics like "The Wrong Arm Of The Law" on a wet afternoon to things like "Faulty Towers".

Feels to me like he has always been part of my life. 
  • blobbblobb Frets: 2914
    "Find a penny, pick it up and all the day you will have.....a penny" - One of the Wombles, can't remember which one.
    Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DavidReesDavidRees Frets: 334
    and, in my humble opinion, the godfather of rap :) ...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom