SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wtb: 80s gibson explorer

I’m after an 80s gibson explorer
If you have one please get in touch! 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 329
    I'm after one as well, if anyone happens to have two :)
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15007
    So is HarrySeven.  :)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    I sold my '87 and have been trying to get it back, and now I find everyone is looking for one.
    Maybe we can put our heads together? I know some on Reverb, and Ebay, but it would require importing it from the US, and there's also a designer series in Japan
  • Can we send someone over to the USA with all our cash?

I have a 84 reissue one in white (the guitar of the week run they did in 2007 I think it was) but I am after a black one 
    edited July 2022
    There's a black one in japan, but it has an alder body, speaking of which...i don't think there's a way of knowing which ones had an alder body and which ones had a mahogany one without talking the back cover off. Some have said that the alder ones didn't sound so good but I can't imagine that much wood sounding bad. Jacksons are alder bodies, maple neck and ebony fretboard just like those explorers and they certainy rock and don't sound bad at all. And a lot of these exporers also come stock with kahlers
  • I’m selling my original 84 if anyone is interested still!