Anyone use the Audient Sono on IOS?

What's Hot
I like the sound of the Sono, but can’t find any information about using it for recording on an IPad, which is my main recording device. 

Will it work on IOS, or is it just not practical. 

Any help much appreciated.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• personalnadirpersonalnadir Frets: 355
    edited August 2022
    There doesn’t seem to be a Two Notes app for iOS so to change the cabs you’ll need to use a computer. Other than that there’s no reason why it wouldn’t. The cab sims are loaded onto the Sono, and it can store three at a time, so as long as you don’t want to be endlessly swapping them out, I imagine you’ll be fine.

If your iPad has USB-C should just be case of plugging it in

really likes the Sono while I had it. The headphone signal is noisy though! 
  • EvanEvan Frets: 326
    There doesn’t seem to be a Two Notes app for iOS so to change the cabs you’ll need to use a computer. Other than that there’s no reason why it wouldn’t. The cab sims are loaded onto the Sono, and it can store three at a time, so as long as you don’t want to be endlessly swapping them out, I imagine you’ll be fine.

If your iPad has USB-C should just be case of plugging it in

really likes the Sono while I had it. The headphone signal is noisy though! 
    Thanks for that. My iPad does have USB - C, so I might give one a go. One went for just under 60 quid on eBay the other day, which is a bit of a steal I think.
  • £60 is a bargain! One thing to note - the optical ADAT expansion doesn’t work in stand alone mode (how I mostly used it). Not sure if you’d need a computer for that 
    I’ve got it on my saved searches on eBay, but Sod’s law says I’ll be dead before another one comes up.
  • I've had a Sono for 3 years now and it's great. I generally plug it into my Mac but it also works fine with my iPad. I've got 3 cabs stored on the unit and they're easy to select (or turn off) using the C.A.B. button on the unit. 

I've never used the Sono mixer software and haven't used the Two Notes software for a couple of years - I just run with what I loaded. 
    Thanks for the helpful feedback - I’ll definitely grab one off eBay if it comes up at the right price. 
    Got one yesterday, 90 quid.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Evan said:
    Got one yesterday, 90 quid.
    You're a thief! :-) Enjoy!