SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold

What's Hot
Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3480
edited August 2022 in Guitars £
Needed a 12 string.

Bought a 12 string.

Need to replace the money.

Martin Dixon luthier built Reverse Firebird. Pickups changed to an insanely huge sounding Creamery Wide Range set.

A mahoosively stupid good guitar for blues, rock or just about anything really. Feels great in the hands. I believe it's Honduran mahogany but can't confirm.

I've had 5 or 6 'real' Firebirds before and frankly they wouldn't be good enough to step into the same ring as this one.

£1000 ovno ppg or collection from Warrington.

'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8072
    Beautiful. 

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Beautiful. 
    Praise indeed! :)
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 459
    Pm’d
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    Caffeine_Vampire said:
    Martin Dixon luthier built Non-Reverse Firebird. Pickups changed to an insanely huge sounding Creamery Wide Range set.

Very nice. Isn’t this a reverse though, not a non-reverse?
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2761
    Image search suggests Fretfinder is right. Would like to add my voice to the chorus of appreciation, in any case. 
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    edited August 2022
    Wow. That is stunning. As @Fretfinder says, it looks more reverse than non-reverse to me too?

Any sound clips available?
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3480
    edited August 2022
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Caffeine_VampireCaffeine_Vampire Frets: 3480
    edited August 2022
    Thread title amended and a couple more pics added. I shall endeavour to get a soundclip up today.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    It's stunning. Looks like a NR scratchplate so really it's a NR/NNR mashup ;-) 
    I think the scratchplate is like that because it's a set neck and it hides the join?

Normal Firebirds are neck through, there's a ridge there and no joins to conceal

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 437
    Thats a beaut.  I worked with Martin briefly back in the 80s at John Hornby Skewes and he went on to make some amazing guitars.  He did some great work on a couple of my guitars when he still lived up North.  I’d love to do a build course with him sometime.  Anyway back to the guitar - its a great axe for someone.   
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • hoopshoops Frets: 237
    Beautiful looking guitar. Can you give some neck measurements - depth at first etc. Thank you. 
  • lovestrat74lovestrat74 Frets: 2652
     Nice :D
  • Nut is 42mm, neck at 1st and 12th frets is 21mm. Trying to get hold of some scales to weigh her.
  • JD50JD50 Frets: 665
    Is that a Duesenberg Les trem?
    If so what do you think. I have an old Duo Sonic that was modded with a Gibson style bridge and stoptail, I'd like to change the stoptail to a les trem.
  • JD50 said:
    Is that a Duesenberg Les trem?
    If so what do you think. I have an old Duo Sonic that was modded with a Gibson style bridge and stoptail, I'd like to change the stoptail to a les trem.
    It is and with a swap to a soft touch spring it's perfect. Looks smoking hot too :)
    So tempting. The bassist in my band has a sunburst Thunderbird. It might look like we're copying each other!
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6076
    roberty said:
    So tempting. The bassist in my band has a sunburst Thunderbird. It might look like we're copying each other!
    Does anyone notice the bass player? ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    dazzajl said:
    roberty said:
    He's twice as tall as I am and he jumps around a lot. I'd be surprised if anyone noticed _me_
  • roberty said:
    dazzajl said:
    roberty said:
    He's twice as tall as I am and he jumps around a lot. I'd be surprised if anyone noticed _me_
    You just need a new guitar to help overcome your stage shyness;)