SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: Strat/Partscaster - Traditional strat shape - Routed for a humbucker

What's Hot
SweetLadyLuckSweetLadyLuck Frets: 33
edited August 2022 in Guitars £
I'm interested to see if anyone wants to sell some sort of Strat style or Partscaster that ideally has;

- Must be routed for a humbucker
- A traditional strat shape body and ideally the headstock
- Nothing with a locking nut
- Ideally a flatter than 10" fretboard radius - 12" would be good or compound

This is quite open but interested to see whats out there. Cheers
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3161
    Ive just converted a 2020 Player Plus Strat to that very configuration, I have too many Strats but really like this one…a decent offer might tempt me….
    Its got everything I like, decent size neck, med jumbos, reasonable weight.

Duncan Jb At the bridge, currently an Iron Gear Pig Iron at the neck, neck pickup will be changed to something better

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15014
    This is quite open
    So open that it is difficult to know where to pitch any suggestions. Ancient or modern? Beginner or boutique? Budget or no expense spared luxury?

You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11896
    edited August 2022 tFB Trader

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

• Updated the info to be more specific.

Can be ancient or modern, budget is dependant on the quality of the parts but I feel with Partscasters the value will always sit in a certain area
  • paulnb57 said:
    Ive just converted a 2020 Player Plus Strat to that very configuration, I have too many Strats but really like this one…a decent offer might tempt me….

Duncan Jb At the bridge, currently an Iron Gear Pig Iron at the neck, neck pickup will be changed to something better

Hi Paul, thanks, that looks cool but sunburst doesn't work for me, cheers
  • Cheers Jon, guitar looks mega but looking for something for traditional

- Info updated to be a bit more specific
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 830
    I have a couple of partscasters, mostly routed for HB, in different variations of paint, with different specs re hardware, I'd be looking for between £3-400 for any of them, which is pretty baseline for a partscaster.
    Ideally, I'd like as much as I can get for them, but it is a buyers market here, Partscaster can have a negative connotation.
    We build the things we want, not everybody has the same wants.
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 830
    paulnb57 said:

Perfect specs.
  • andy_k said:
    I have a couple of partscasters, mostly routed for HB, in different variations of paint, with different specs re hardware, I'd be looking for between £3-400 for any of them, which is pretty baseline for a partscaster.
    Ideally, I'd like as much as I can get for them, but it is a buyers market here, Partscaster can have a negative connotation.
    We build the things we want, not everybody has the same wants.
    PM'd
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhilMPhilM Frets: 280
    edited August 2022
    I've got a Fender body and a Fender Roasted maple neck that fits what you're after. Just need to get round to listing them etc
  • PhilM said:
    I've got a Fender body and a Fender Roasted maple neck that fits what you're after. Just need to get round to listing them etc
    Hi Phil, sounds cool, I'd like to have a look, could you PM me pictures when you get a chance please, cheers!
  • PhilMPhilM Frets: 280
    PM Sent 
  • Bump
  • bazxkrbazxkr Frets: 621
    Have a strat partscaster I haven't used in a good while so could move it on
    Mighty mite 2 pc swamp ash body - lightly varnished - nice natural wood figuring
    Mighty mite compound radius maple neck 9.5-12.0" 
    Bridge Wilkinson VS50 Mk 2
    All the above parts bought new and then built. Had this a good number of years. Still excellent condition
    Originally was HSS but sold the p/g and it has in it at the moment a Squire Strat SSS set up. I keep it at work as an everyday strummer. But will obviously take the HSS p/g and has the quick change connector if you like to swap p/gs regularly
    It currently has Fender locking tuners but I'll probably swap them over

Guitar is in Essex. If you think it might fit your needs pm me yr email addy and I'll send pics etc

• bazxkr said:
    Have a strat partscaster I haven't used in a good while so could move it on
    Mighty mite 2 pc swamp ash body - lightly varnished - nice natural wood figuring
    Mighty mite compound radius maple neck 9.5-12.0" 
    Bridge Wilkinson VS50 Mk 2
    All the above parts bought new and then built. Had this a good number of years. Still excellent condition
    Originally was HSS but sold the p/g and it has in it at the moment a Squire Strat SSS set up. I keep it at work as an everyday strummer. But will obviously take the HSS p/g and has the quick change connector if you like to swap p/gs regularly
    It currently has Fender locking tuners but I'll probably swap them over

Guitar is in Essex. If you think it might fit your needs pm me yr email addy and I'll send pics etc

Pm'd