SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: St Blues Blindsider Custom in Seafoam Green ON HOLD

What's Hot
DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 4068
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
Honestly never thought I would sell this one, it's the guitar I've had the longest and swore I wouldn't sell it, but it's just not getting used at the moment.

It's a rare and slightly unusual beast. Basically the bastard lovechild of a Hotrod Stratocaster and a Custom Telecaster. 

The spec is great, highlights include:

- Lollar pickups (Blackfaces for the neck and middle, and a coil-splittable Imperial in the bridge I believe)

- Hipshot tremolo

- Sperzel Locking tuners

More details and review here: https://www.vintageguitar.com/13278/st-blues-bluesmaster-blindsider-and-delta-blues-box/ where you can see it retailed for over $2500 before import taxes back in 2013. I believe St Blues only current do custom orders out if the Memphis factory now, so God knows how much one would set you back now.

Comes with very cool tweed and crocodile skin fitted hardcase.

Downsides? It's not a case queen, it has been 'well-loved' and has a few cosmetic dings and a little buckle rash on the back. Also the backplate for the trem cavity was already AWOL when I got it. 

Plays and sounds incredibly though. It's probably the most playable of all my guitars. So why the hell am I selling? Well, I got it because I couldn't decide whether I wanted a nice Strat or a nice Tele, couldn't afford both at the time, so this was the ideal compromise. It's a real 'Swiss Army' guitar. However, I now have a really nice Custom Shop Strat and a lovely high-spec partscaster Tele, so the St Blues just isn't getting used anymore.

Price: £875 £800 collected from Sunderland or meet up somewhere in North East/North Yorkshire. Not averse to postage, but I would need to source a box first so collection very much preferred.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Anyone for some Lollar equipped, seafoam green goodness?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bumpthing for the weekend monsieur/madame?

Also, if you're wondering how good these guitars sound, I'll leave it to Eric Gales to demonstrate

DISCLAIMER: I can't promise that buying this guitar will make you sound as good as Gales!
  • 4on64on6 Frets: 88
    Hi. I know it’s difficult cos everyone’s references seem to vary…. but could you have a go at describing the neck profile please?
  • 4on6 said:
    Hi. I know it’s difficult cos everyone’s references seem to vary…. but could you have a go at describing the neck profile please?

I'm generally crap at describing neck profiles, but I'd say it's a kinda medium-chunky C profile.

Measures 0.86" deep at the 1st fret, 0.92" and the 12th according to my calipers. Nut is about 43mm. Nicely rounded fingerboard edges too.
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 4068
    edited August 2022
    Humpday Bumpday!

And with a Price Reduction to £800ono collected!

Extra info - was asked to weight if for someone. According to my bathroom scales it weighs 4.0kg exactly, which is 8.8lbs. 
  • New week bump
  • A hand-built, Memphis Custom Shop guitar with Jason Lollar Pickups in a cool-as-fuck colour for just £800 you say? They must be queueing around the block for it! 

(Sadly not, it seems!)
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 13352
    It's no consolation for a man trying to sell a guitar, but were it not for the fact that I've finally taken the plunge on another guitar in this section which I've been hankering after for some time, I'd have been all over this.  They are fantastic guitars.  GLWTS.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Back up to the top.

Had a few sniffs of interest on here and elsewhere, but still here...
  • Tumble weed bump....
  • Now 'On Hold' for someone not of this parish.

Would still prefer to keep it within the Fretboard community, so if anyone here wants to make a last minute offer then speak now or forever hold your peace!