SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: Tom Anderson Drop Top 1991

RichardrichardRichardrichard Frets: 353
edited August 2022 in Guitars £
Listing for sale one of the finest guitars I have ever played, let alone owned, this 1991 Tom Anderson Drop Top. Despite how good it is, it is 3rd on my list of guitars to pick up and seems a bit of a waste letting it sit on the rack. There are a couple of former owners on this board, and I expect they will tell you the same thing - the set up on this thing is tremendous, the action is crazy low (approx 0.8-0.9mm on the high E) without any choking/buzzing. This is one of the reasons I don't play it so much, I prefer action slightly higher but it feels criminal to adjust this thing, so I haven't (the first guitar I can say that about).

Anyway, spec wise it's;

1991 Drop top
Purple flamed maple top over basswood
Maple neck with "palisander" fretboard (rosewood, I think??)
standard even taper neck shape with compound radius (10-14" I believe)and heavy frets
Original Kahler Steeler in great shape
SK1R SK1 H2+ pickups with switcharoo

This is in overall very good condition for a 31 year old guitar, however as the story goes someone left it leaning against a radiator (possibly) some 25 years ago which gave it some natural relicing on the back - I don't charge extra for this. A previous owner (resident of this board) who owned it for most of that time covered it over with some clear nitro to protect it.

Whenever I see ads posted with a video I always think I should do that, so have given it a go on this occasion. However, I rarely record and never before a video - this is just a webcam and the THR10 USB'd into a 10 year old PC. Be gentle... It should give a flavour of this guitar's mojo though, just a random selection of noodling.

Also some pics, of course.

Price wise, listing at £1950 collected from Cheshire.

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments