SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold: Bill Moll Archtop

What's Hot
danishbacondanishbacon Frets: 2762
edited November 2022 in Guitars £
Bill is one of the madter American archtop luthiers. In addition to building instruments for John Pizzarelli, he refined some of the design approaches of contemporary American archtops. Unfortunately he suffered a serious injury some years ago and is no longer able to build instruments.

This is a 2004, Workinghan's Hero, made from Bill's own pressed maple and spruce plates. It has a cross braced top with very deep scallops and is louder acoustically than some solid timbered instruments. The pickup is a Moll Custom Instruments hand-wound by Kent Armstrong, and the original hardcase (a $1k optional) was also hand built by Bill. In 2004, this was a $5k special order instrument (about $7,8k in today's dollars) without the hard-case. 

The bridge and tailpiece are carved in ebony, as is the fretboard. The neck is built of two-piece mahogany/ebony laminate.

The guitar is in overall good condition, with plenty of evidence of play and checking to the nitro body. At one point there was a strap pin to the flat of the heel which has since been removed and filled. This instrument has been gigged.

£3750 - located in Swansea - I don't mind posting it as the case (a Calton type job) is absolutely bombproof (and has the stickers/gig marks to show it).

I appreciate it's a high value instrument, so I'd be happy to consider a partial trade towards it.

As I've been asked for these, figured it would be helpful:

Guitar over a backing track with a bit of reverb and compression, no EQ.

https://m.soundcloud.com/parsniptree/bill-moll-archtop-with-backing-track

Just the guitar, no processing, straight into the interface.

https://m.soundcloud.com/parsniptree/bill-moll-archtop-dry-track

moll-01 moll-02 moll-03 moll-04 moll-05 mollso-02 mollso-03 mollso-04 mollso-05 mollso-06 mollso-07 mollso-08 mollso-09 mollso-01 mollso-10
0reaction image LOL 28reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments