SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold : HAHN : Jim Campilongo Model "C" Telecaster : £1750

What's Hot
adam_farmeradam_farmer Frets: 34
edited March 2023 in Guitars £

Hi All,

I’ve decided to sell my Model C guitar by Hahn Guitars. I ordered and received it directly from Chihoe in late 2020. It’s a wonderful guitar, I had put it for sale earlier this year, then changed my mind. But I have another nice telecaster so I've decided to try and sell this one.

Sugar pine body with a very thin white nitrocellulose lacquer paint. Maple 9.5" radius neck with medium jumbo frets and a bone nut. Lollar telecaster pickups. Hahn hardware (cold rolled steel bridge milled from a solid billet and finished in lacquer (not plated), brass compensated saddles, stainless steel ferrules and .10" neck plate, stainless control plate), CTS 250 k pots, CRL 3 way switch, Orange Drop capacitor and push back vintage cloth wire.

It resonates fantastically well when played acoustically and has real clarity when plugged in. It's a quality instrument in every way.

I've looked after it really well since receiving it. There's some very very minor fret wear under the B string that is not noticeable at all when playing. The bridge plate has developed a few marks. Some light pickguard scratches. There's a small circular impression on the back of the guitar that was there when I received it and looks like it was there before it was painted. 

The action is currently very low to suit my style of playing. It currently has 10 gauge strings on it. The strings can be top loaded as well as strung through the body.

The guitar weighs 7lb6.2oz or 3351g.

The case is very good quality and very sturdy. Hahn is no longer making these guitars.

I’m looking for £1750. I live on the west side of the River Severn in Gloucestershire. I’d be willing to post if a buyer would be willing to pay, I’d only want to send fully insured which would cost £60 using Overland Express.

Please ask if you have any questions.

Here’s a link to a google photos album for the guitar:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/i3oMDFj7qi6jLifPA

And some of the photos below:

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9841
    Nice. Great photos too - GLWTS
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A truly wonderful guitar - your other tele must be something special if this is the one you're moving on! I got mine in Feb '19... it came with Fralins which I later replaced with the Lollar Vintage Ts that Hahn ultimately settled on, but mine also has a very similar contrasting patch at the join on the front - cousins!

I was incredibly fortunate that my wife's family are in NY, so I managed to get it over here without the risks and costs of shipping - at the time, it was a very serious/borderline reckless purchase for me, but I now consider it a bargain and a very sensible buy. To my taste, it's the best guitar I've ever played and is my number one by a distance. I believe it's actually a compound 7.25-9.5 radius - best of both worlds for a Fender IMO. The thin/basic finish is arguably an acquired taste, but I really like it - it doesn't take much to bash it, so this one has clearly been well cared-for. Good luck with the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Wazmeister, many thanks for your comment.

Jody, many thanks for your comment too. This is a difficult decision to put it for sale – I agree that it’s an amazing guitar. I’m a lucky boy – the other one is a custom shop Broadcaster – and neither is better than the other – and they both offer something slightly different. Really high quality guitars. The Hahn really rings out with great clarity.

I’ve been looking at p90 Gibson 50s style guitars (junior/special) for a while, just for a different type of sound, and that’s the reason I’m selling. I’m not sure what yet but want to get myself in a position that I’m ready.

Fantastic that our guitars are cousins, I think they look amazing, and you did well to avoid shipping/duty costs! I’ve only played this guitar at home and I’ve managed not to bash it on anything. Also, this one definitely has a 9.5 radius neck, I’m not sure why but he changed that spec towards the end of the run.

Many thanks again.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry for incorrectly correcting you about the radius, ha! There were a few unannounced changes to the spec during the run, but I never knew about that one. I was expecting Rob Banta (Gemini) pickups and a double-cut bridge in mine... but was still very happy with what I got (still love the Fralins i removed, need to find a home for those.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump with blurb:

"Award winning boutique guitar maker. Hahn instruments used on the largest stages and greatest studios by some of the world's finest musicians, including Walter Becker (Steely Dan), Elliot Easton (The Cars), Susan Tedeschi, Doyle Bramhall II, Redd Volkaert, Jim Campilongo, etc. In recent Becker estate sale grossing over $2 million, a Hahn instrument - one of over 25 ordered by Becker - fetched the highest price."

"
    At Hahn Guitars -- now located in the beautiful Hudson Valley in Newburgh, NY -- we strive to make guitars of unparalleled quality.  We start with the finest woods and metals and components and from there we build with our hearts, hands and our ears.  We believe that a guitar is only as good as the sonic and aesthetic vision of its builder.  We believe that, more than anything, we build a "musical" instrument - one that excites, facilitates and inspires the musician who plays it.  

Our wood is dried to perfection, then it is sealed with nitrocellulose lacquer to a glass-like finish that is thinner than a piece of paper.  From there, the body, neck and all the components are hand-fit to ensure the maximum resonance and expression of the instrument.  The guitar is then assembled with pickups and hardware specifically for that model instrument.  We then setup the guitar so that it plays and sounds as good or better than any instrument you have ever played.  Then it is shipped, with a 100% satisfaction guarantee.

We hope that you will have a lifetime of enjoyment with your Hahn guitar!"

"Over the past few years, we have developed hardware specifically for the guitars we make.  The sonic goal at Hahn Guitars is to provide inspiration to the guitarist.  In many ways, we want the guitar to "disappear" so that it imparts no sonic signature at all.  Our pickups and hardware, like our guitars, strive to provide clarity, warmth, balance, dynamic range and, in a word, musicality.   We use only the finest metals and materials.  We use the past to inform our choices, but we are in no way building replica hardware. We follow our ears, and we seek to provide the musicians who use our hardware - from living rooms to the world's biggest stages and studios - with the finest tools available."

Guitarists who play Hahn Guitars:

"Walter Becker, Eric Krasno, Jim Campilongo, Elliot Easton, Tomoyasu Hotei, Richard Shindell, Mark Goldenberg, Kato Khandwala, Matthew White, Eugene Moles, Jon Pousette-Dart, John Bohlinger, Josh Colow, Charlie Kelley, Bob Irwin, Nate Radley, Adam Lopez, Redd Volkaert, Eugene Moles, Dan Agee, Andy Powell, Duke Robillard, Susan Tedeschi, F Alex Johnson, Big Bill Morganfield, Dave Hunter, Grant Siemens, Carl Bradychok, Dave Koltai, Doyle Bramhall II, Ian Neville, Gunny Rujinarong, Craig Oxley, Dan Mayer, Craig Brodhead, Luke Brindley, Patrick Stanfield Jones, Taylor Momsen, Ben Phillips"

• A_T_WA_T_W Frets: 66
    lovely finish on that
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • adam_farmeradam_farmer Frets: 34
    edited September 2022
    Thanks A_T_W.

A bump and price drop.
  • adam_farmeradam_farmer Frets: 34
    edited September 2022
    Price drop in the description, probably temporarily, but maybe it will tempt someone. Please ask if you have any questions about it, or want to make a sensible offer.
  • AlunAlun Frets: 139
    Ooft, that is probably the nicest looking Tele I've ever seen. Way out of my ballpark price wise but very jealous of whoever picks it up! Best of luck with the sale.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks Alun!
  • Bump.
  • Sunday bump.
  • Bump.
  • Removed from sale. Played it this evening and I have to keep it for now.
  • Back for sale!
  • Very nice! What’s the cause of the interesting white patch below the bridge, or has it always been like that?
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Hi fretfinder. Thanks! It's just a steak running through the pine that's a different colour/shade of wood - simple as that! 
  • Bump. 
  • Bump.
  • Bump.