SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Charvel Fusion Custom '1990-'91 inc tremol-no, updated info & pics

What's Hot
flumpetflumpet Frets: 95
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
Very rare '1990-'91 Charvel Fusion Custom in amazing condition for it's age.

MIJ - 24 & 3/4" scale length, 24 frets.

So it's a superstrat with Gibson scale length. No issues, plays perfectly with a low action.

All original with an original Tweed Charvel Case.

The only added mod is a very convenient tremol-no, worth about £65

The colour is "Dark metallic green." An awesome colour and very tricky to photograph. In some lights it has a dark green metallic look. In darker settings it looks black.

CONDITION. This guitar is in amazing condition given it's age. It has almost no fretwear. The body, neck, trem, pups are all in great condition.  There are a few marks around the body, nothing nasty though. There are the two tiny screw holes from a Roland GK-2A which was previously installed on it. I tried to angle the sunlight to show the two holes as clearly as possible. In reality, they are small black holes on an almost black guitar, hardly noticable.

It has the straplock clip things but I do not have the strap. Just found it! It's a D'Addario strap and will now be included in the sale.

UK only please. I have a box ready so happy to post, or collection from the Carmarthen area of South west Wales.

Price £750 inc delivery

Will be sent Parcleforce 48hr. 

Any questions, please ask.

Updated info: So what's so great about the Charvel Fusion. Well as mentioned above it has the Gibson 24 & 3/4 scale length. This does change the feel of this shredtastic superstrat. It is very slinky and extremely easy to play. So anyone comfortable with les pauls, or PRS for that matter will be right at home here. Everything else is as you would expect from a superstrat from Japan at this period. Great slim neck, rock solid trem with the added control of the tremol no and great access to the 24th fret. 

There is only one other example avilable online at the moment as far as I can tell. I know that makes it hard to value. While i'm sure the other (silver) one on ebay is also great, I think this one is in better condition and looks nicer. It also has the hardcase and all of the headstock intact

Finally, I have owned many superstrats and this one is right up there at any price bracket. It replaced my Petrucci JP6 BFR, enough said. I bought it for £750 two years ago from a chap in Switzerland on Reverb. I have just added some of his pics at the bottom.

The Bridge pickup is a Charvel branded J-90C, so the original pickup.

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 4048
    Do you know what the pickups are?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • flumpetflumpet Frets: 95
    As far as I am aware they are the originals if that helps. A quick google search suggests the two rails are J200R’s. They certainly look like them as far as I can tell. As for the bridge pup, not sure, perhaps someone on here knows?
    I appreciate these are rare and not everyone will know what's so great about them. So I have just added a bit more info to the description above and some more pics.
  • mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3120
    I have the Jackson version of this from 1990 and can confirm they're super easy to play. This is in incredible condition too GLWTS.
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• @flumpet @prlgmnr memory is a fickle mistress and all that, but I seem to remember that mine had a J90C in the bridge. But I also seem to remember that it's Floyd was Schaller branded, not Charvel, so I could be wrong?!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ah could be, thanks for the info. I better whip it out to and take a look I think.
  • Bump and confirmation that the bridge pickup is the J-90C
  • Sold for £700 without the tremol-no.