Video showing the production of a Crafter acoustic guitar

Video showing the production of an acoustic guitar at the Korean Crafter factory, interesting seeing the processes, jigs and tooling

https://youtu.be/0JSnvUaBUTc
Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 9016
    edited August 2022
    I think that's one of the better videos showing production.  Although it was following manufacture and assembly of their flagship anniversary model it looked to be fairly unstaged, unlike many tour videos.   I'm going to copy and paste a couple of observations made by me and @ICBM in a previous thread about that video rather than just retyping the comments.
    ICBM said:
    BillDL said:
    Of particular interest to me was the quick but accurate process of matching the dovetail joint and rebate for the neck using an adaption of one of the oldest tools known to mankind, i.e. a transfer scribe as employed by stonemasons in Egypt and Incas/Aztecs/Mayans.  You will see this at the 11:57 time marker.
    Indeed. Why can't Gibson do that?

However, less good is that at 15'27" you can see that the machinehead collars haven't been fitted tightly enough into the wood - the collar clearly spins along with the tuner post, which is really poor - especially with a hex collar like these as it will chew up the headstock finish, unless it also hasn't been pressed fully down (which it hasn't)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom