Metal Zen - WE HAVE A WINNER!

What's Hot
monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
edited October 2014 in Off Topic tFB Trader
Amazing pedal builder and all round good bloke @handsomerik has donated a pedal to the forum to use as we see fit so what better to do that have a competition and raise some funds for the forum!

Here is what Rik has to say about our prize!

Here we have the Boss Metal Zone. Well known for it's generally shoddy metal tones. Well not this one! Imagine the look on the shoegazers faces when you step on it for a solo and elevate your tone to a sweet buttery harmonically rich blues tone. This is the pedal equivalent of a Heston Blumenthal desert. It looks like one thing but in reality it's hiding a delicious secret to get your tonal tastebuds watering. Let me introduce the MetalZen!

(It's a Boss Metal Zone with a Zen like circuit built into it.) ;-)

The bypass uses a 2PDT and the millenium bypass method (since these switches seem to be more reliable than the 3PDT switches), and the switch is mounted under the original boss footpedal at the perfect height to click on and off so you still have the advantage of the original large boss stomp area and it looks stock. Note that this is normal 9v power supply only and will not run on batteries since it has no battery clip.

I wanted to give something back to the forum since it has been so great over the last year for chatting and trading. I really appreciate all the hard work that the mods and powers that be put into getting it going and keeping it running when the old forum went down. Good luck buddies.

This is a brilliant prize as anyone who has experienced Riks superb builds will know and it goes without saying that all the modmins are super stoked about this generous gesture.

Entry is simple, everyone who donates to forum funds paypal in the next month will be entered into a prize draw and the winner will be drawn from a hat and announced shortly after the closing date 8pm October 11th 2014. 

There is no set donation amount please just give what works for you. The paypal address is: thefretboard@outlook.com

IMPORTANT: You must include your forum name in the donation or we won't know it's you!
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments