Struggling with Strat wiring dual push pull circuit, can anyone help!

What's Hot

I've converted my HSS strat to a SSS (Patrick James Eggle 1v/1t wiring)

Added another push/pull was wanted to do both the 7 way switching mod on volume 250k push pull & then a bright/tone delete push pull on the tone but struggling with the diagram.

Also wondering if I need to re-add the treble bleed back in that I removed but unsure where to go too.

Image of what i've wired somewhere, i think i need to add tone to the switcher spare lugs but unsure as most drawings are 2tone and seperately come off these.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Also unsure about big green cap, wired it how Pat wired it, but it doesn't appear on others schematics

ny help

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74489
    It will work as drawn, but is not the best way to do it - the tone switch will add noise because you’re switching the ground side of the control, so the tone network will act as an aerial when switched off. Simply move the switch to between the volume control and the tone cap.

It’s also best to parallel all the switching, since you only need one pole of each switch - including the 5-way - connect all the terminals of both sides of the 5-way, and both sides of the two terminal you’re using on each pull-switch. This will improve reliability and can reduce switching noise.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks bud, makes alot of sense!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom