SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded Taylor T5-S1

razorbillrazorbill Frets: 90
edited September 2022 in Guitars £
Edit: Traded

Not sure I'm wanting to part with this one but curious what people have to offer! Open to electric or acoustic offers. 

A lovely Taylor T5-S1 in a trans black flamed finish made in the USA. Really pretty guitar and comes with the original, high quality original Taylor-made case. An incredibly versatile guitar able to produce solid electric and acoustic tones. Preamp system and EQ all working as it should. 

I would be willing to put cash towards a higher value trade. I may be open to sell as well, but really looking for trades right now. I value the Taylor at £1200 cash

Happy to answer any questions, based near Edinburgh and may be willing to ship the guitar or travel

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• These are great!

You may need to include a trade value to the listing.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8969
    These are great!

You may need to include a trade value to the listing.
    FTFY. A trade value is essential. You never know, someone might offer you cash.
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • @Roland @jamesguitar ;

Sorry about that! Edited the post to specify my cash value for the Taylor. Hard to specifically say a trade value, but would be looking to trade for a guitar that sells for around the same amount or greater on the used market (+/- a cash adjustment if there is a price difference)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28246
    razorbill said:
     comes with the original, high quality original Taylor-made case. 
    Those cases are something else!

What differentiates the S1 from the standard T5?  The Taylor website is spectacularly unhelpful ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    razorbill said:

What differentiates the S1 from the standard T5?  The Taylor website is spectacularly unhelpful ...
    Definitely! It's worth adding a photo of the case to the post, it has to be the best built case out of all my guitars. 

It is spectacularly unhelpful, there is a T5 S and a T5 S1. Both have chrome hardware and dot inlays, but the S1 is has a flamed maple top versus the spruce top of the S. 
  • TTony said:
    razorbill said:

I have the T5z and that’s a smaller body. They all have the same electronics (even the £3,500 custom / deluxe versions, or the cheaper standard / pro versions etc). Main difference is body size and finish.

Prior to the T5z (smaller body versions), the T5 had a few variations (but still the same electronics throughout), so it’s largely cosmetic differences.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2102
    Big thanks to Stephen aka @razorbill for the trade on this Taylor, it was couple of hrs each way for both of us to meet at Lancaster station, short chat sadly due to training times but a jolly decent chap, hope you enjoy the Axis Super sport ;-)

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview