SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PSA John Page AJ on Ebay

What's Hot
Just in case anyone fancies a very nice T style guitar with a neck P90, there is one ending today currently at £799 on Ebay.

Not sure they are well known enough to attract huge interest so someone might get a bargain

I've had the exact model before and its a cracker

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/185557395305?hash=item2b34152769:g:6fMAAOSwavRiimBb&amdata=enc:AQAHAAAAoJMdkceh+kZnzQq9L0cQbdhQfmQM8i+V2u5rjGml879nBnPXnGuFYLzwwbv2vX+5+bYxK5vNMq6JH87yMU7ySkRMs6kyPqwylnw5vd91XrJvZBEA8hLn7QW8tFjI+6nohNJhz+3ggFg3dB0a5DtINnX5PGsFyNHSrQq4vYHhEAj1L41jL2hvsSsV0Ska1sH8i7iYixM0SNpIrMus9KevMOA=|tkp:Bk9SR8qQ0cbhYA
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks ace, that. If I were in the market for a Tele I'd have a go.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CastroCastro Frets: 530
    Coda used to stock these, excellent guitars at a great price point.
  • Not seen these before so had a look about - some good YT reviews - only thing for me is that the shape, looks a bit melty, maybe because it's softened the general shape of a Tele, and I think it's a bit colour dependent as the solid colours don't seem to look as bad - obviously just how I see it.
  • Went for the starting bid of £799 by the looks of it
  • Not sure if I should thank you or blame you, but I now have a hole in my bank acc!! Few hours ago I had never heard of these; then came across this thread while killing time in the car waiting to pick up my daughter. The rest is recent history… but I have a good feeling about it! Given me something to look forward to this week   
    3reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1727
    Ooh, dibs on the flip ;)
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • variplexi said:
    Not sure if I should thank you or blame you, but I now have a hole in my bank acc!! Few hours ago I had never heard of these; then came across this thread while killing time in the car waiting to pick up my daughter. The rest is recent history… but I have a good feeling about it! Given me something to look forward to this week   
    Ah great stuff , I’m glad it went to someone on here .  I must have logged into EBay 4 or 5 times  to check the auction price and I’m very proud of myself for not succumbing to temptation !

Im sure you’ll love it - they really are great guitars
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    That looks pretty cool, but I really don't like the switch position!
    I really liked the look of it, much more than I expected to. It's tough to do a new-ish shape that's not just derivative or obviously worse. It seemed to be well put together with good looking wood. Though I probably preferred the solid colours, that's definitely a sunburst I could live with.

@axisus - what's wrong with the swtich? Too far away?

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28367
    GoFish said:
    I really liked the look of it, much more than I expected to. It's tough to do a new-ish shape that's not just derivative or obviously worse. It seemed to be well put together with good looking wood. Though I probably preferred the solid colours, that's definitely a sunburst I could live with.

@axisus - what's wrong with the swtich? Too far away?

Yeah, for me. 
  • Ha ha...I never looked at where the switch was when I went for it! I just liked the combination of vintage and quirkiness. The quality / finish seems nice for the price and I like the pickups combination. Agree, I would have preferred a solid colour, but can't have it all. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @variplexi , how are you finding the John Page sir ?
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1477
     I’m very proud of myself for not succumbing to temptation !

Who are you and what have you done with the real @DrCornelius ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @variplexi , how are you finding the John Page sir ?
    It arrived only yesterday due to the Royal Mail issues last week. So haven't had the chance to spend quality time with it. Plugged it in briefly and was sufficiently happy to not put it back up for sale! The quality is indeed very good for the price. Sounded a bit bright through the Marshall and am preferring the clean tone thru a Princeton. Plays very easy, though I personally prefer a slightly fuller / rounded neck. The pickups are great and more vintage voiced than I had expected, which is a good thing. But I am struggling to balance the volume across them; the neck p90 seems louder though I have raised the bridge a bit. Will play around with it more tomorrow when I should have time; but on first impression I think its going to grow on me! It will sound fab thru my Rift tweed which has been for sale here; so its coming off tonight. 
  • variplexi said:
    @variplexi , how are you finding the John Page sir ?
    It arrived only yesterday due to the Royal Mail issues last week. So haven't had the chance to spend quality time with it. Plugged it in briefly and was sufficiently happy to not put it back up for sale! The quality is indeed very good for the price. Sounded a bit bright through the Marshall and am preferring the clean tone thru a Princeton. Plays very easy, though I personally prefer a slightly fuller / rounded neck. The pickups are great and more vintage voiced than I had expected, which is a good thing. But I am struggling to balance the volume across them; the neck p90 seems louder though I have raised the bridge a bit. Will play around with it more tomorrow when I should have time; but on first impression I think its going to grow on me! It will sound fab thru my Rift tweed which has been for sale here; so its coming off tonight. 
    Excellent , glad it’s got potential and agree re the pickups sounding nice and vintage-y, especially the p90
    Good to hear that it's working out. Belated HNGD to you. :cookie: