SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Dell Latitude 10th Gen i5 Laptop 8Gb 256Gb 14” OMG - £200! GO ON THEN

What's Hot
LooseMooseLooseMoose Frets: 941
edited October 2022 in Misc £
Hi all,

Now replaced with a MacBook, I have a Dell 14” laptop for sale. It’s a good spec and zips along nicely with pretty reasonable battery life too!

Inside condition is good, screen is good but some minor scuffs to the exterior plastics, no cracks!

14”
8Gb RAM (2x4Gb sticks)
256Gb PCIE NVME SSD
i5 10th Gen
Windows 10 Pro

Comes with USB C charger as I misplaced the original, but works fine!

£200 plus post if you’re not local to me near Worcester!

Thanks all,
James
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Found the original charger! 
  • notanonnotanon Frets: 628
    edited September 2022
    Hi James,

What is the exact model and cpu in that laptop?
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 5119
    Pedant alert: memory & storage are expressed in GB (gigabytes) not Gb (gigabits).
    (Network speeds are typically expressed in Gb.)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • notanon said:
    Hi James,

What is the exact model and cpu in that laptop?
    No probs! It’s a Latitude 3410 and i5 10210U if that helps!
  • Price drop as I need to buy a bass preamp (or trade for bass preamp!)
  • Up :)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Final price drop before it goes back in the drawer!
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12887
    I’ve just paid £480 for a laptop with those specs from John Lewis on offer, is £600 in curry’s. 
  • No-one? :(
  • if its still about nearer xmas I could justify the purchase but not at the moment..
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• BillDLBillDL Frets: 9018
    Hi @LooseMoose ; I used to be really into computers and knew all the spec, but that stopped back when Windows 7 came out and I had a Pentium 4, and by the time Windows 10 came along I didn't have enough interest to follow the different Intel iterations and other technical stuff like core speeds.  I now just use an older laptop as a desktop connected to mouse, keyboard and monitor, and I think the processor is a 2GHz one, but I haven't tried this one for recording.

Would your laptop be fast enough to use with an external USB audio interface (eg. Focusrite) and DAW (something like Reaper maybe) for recording without a lot of latency?

What about the operating system?  Presumably you would wipe all your personal files off the hard drive.  Would that mean that a new owner (perhaps me) would have to reinstall Windows 10, and is there a reinstall DVD available or a portion reserved on the hard drive to do so?  I wouldn't want to encounter any issues with registration, or whatever Microsoft calls the serial number authorisation process now.

It looks as though that processor has a "max base frequency" (speed) of 1.6 GHz, and a "max turbo frequency" of 4.2 GHz.  I haven't a clue what "turbo frequency" means.  As I understand it this is a "quad core" processor, but 1.6 GHz x 4 cores does not equal 4.2 GHz.  How fast is it in layman's terms for music recording?
  • I can't say I've used it for recording but I don't think you'd have any issues! It's a zippy little machine :)

With regards to W10, I've wiped and reinstalled so all my data is off it and it's a fresh install of the OS, ready for it's new owner.

Thanks!
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 834
    PM'd
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 9018
    Thank's @LooseMoose  ; I see that this could well now be a "sold pending payment".  Please let me know if it is still available over the next few days.