SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS: (Price Drop 2500) Fender CS 1960/61 Custom Telecaster, and 78 Fender Telecaster Custom (sold)

What's Hot
johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Fender Custom Shop USA 1960/61 Custom Telecaster. This was a custom order from 2010 and a stunning build with a premium ash body, 9.5 radius quarter sawn maple neck with dark rosewood board and tinted lacquer, compensated brass saddles, and hand wound pickups Twisted Tele and Broadcaster (Abigail Ybarra signed). No expense spared on it really. It sounds and plays as good as it looks! Has the odd tiny indent and small little binding blemish here and there and a chip on the lower back as photo'd but I guess it all adds to the general 60s vibe and overall it's very presentable and the frets are excellent. Price drop £2500

(sold) 1978 Fender TelecasterCustom. A great player, and the original 78 pickups sound amazing. It's had a refret and the frets are excellent and no nasty dings or damage, just honest signs of use over 44 years. The neck is a really nice snug fit on this one as I've tried to show in a couple of the photos - not always the case on 70s Fenders. 
It's probably had a refinish, although I've looked at the internals and it's remarkably clean in there, and although there is some small evidence of white finish in a couple of cavity areas, the rest is very clean and with original Fender stamps visible on the natural finish - so I'm not sure? Guitar finishes were sometimes changed in the factory in the late 70s, I've seen a few black over reds that came out of Fender like that. Either way it's a really nice natural finish, and is a finish a lot of them had. 
A couple of the pots have been changed, but the two originals are included and some of the saddle adjustment screws are a bit seized (the set up is very good though) - but I can provide a set of replacement saddles if needed. £ £2175 (sold) 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• chris78chris78 Frets: 9941
    I’m certain that tele custom is my old guitar.
    If so, I got it from Denmark Street after seeing it in the shop window as it’s a birth year.
    Sold to me by notom as a refin. They set it up at the time fwiw. Great sounding, just over 9lbs from memory.
    The previous owner before me used it as his main guitar before selling it to notom

Hope that helps
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Tele Custom looks amazing. What’s the neck profile like on it? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chris78 said:
    I’m certain that tele custom is my old guitar.
    If so, I got it from Denmark Street after seeing it in the shop window as it’s a birth year.
    Sold to me by notom as a refin. They set it up at the time fwiw. Great sounding, just over 9lbs from memory.
    The previous owner before me used it as his main guitar before selling it to notom

Hope that helps
    Thanks for the info @Chris78 it's a very good refin if it's had one - the original factory stamps on the same natural finish in some parts of the cavities threw me a bit. And yes in the 9lb bracket - so very likely the same one. Cheers
  • qawsed said:
    Tele Custom looks amazing. What’s the neck profile like on it? 
    The Custom Shop one? Feels like a typical 60s oval c to me @qawsed ;. Cheers
  • johnswiss said:
    qawsed said:
    Sorry, hadn’t realised they were both Customs! I meant the 1978 Tele :)
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    I may be wrong but I think technically one is a Telecaster Custom and the other is a Custom Telecaster?!
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18174
    tFB Trader
    Are you interested in trades?
  • Hattigol said:
    I may be wrong but I think technically one is a Telecaster Custom and the other is a Custom Telecaster?!
    Correctamundo, the double bound one being the Custom Telecaster.
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • Hattigol said:
    Well spotted, with the Custom Shop, custom build, Custom Telecaster and Telecaster Custom I'm not accustomed to so many customs - I'll congratulate myself on getting it 75% right!
  • qawsed said:
    johnswiss said:
    qawsed said:
    Sorry, hadn’t realised they were both Customs! I meant the 1978 Tele :)
    @qawsed it feels like a reasonably chunky c in my hands
  • Are you interested in trades?
    Ideally not, but then I'm always curious when it's mentioned!
  • Bump
  • johnswissjohnswiss Frets: 396
    edited September 2022
    I've had an offer on the 78 Custom off the FB but if anyone on here wants it now for £2175 posted its yours! (sold) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 78 Custom gone, CS Custom tele still here :) 
  • Bump
  • Bump
  • Bump
    Bump
    Bump