David Dyke

What's Hot
GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
edited September 2022 in Making & Modding tFB Trader

At last David Dyke luthierssupplies have a new website, I think it’s only in the beta version at the moment, but they are adding stuff to it all the time. They also have an Instagram account as well. It’s never bothered me that he’s never had a website as he only lives about a 20 minute drive away, but I know lots of people are very frustrated that you can’t see what he sells. Andrew and Lewis who work there are very helpful, if you're looking for a particular piece of wood there are quite happy to photograph what they have, so you can choose exactly what you want. I should add there is much more information on his Instagram pages.

https://luthierssupplies.co.uk/product-category/sale/

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• davrosdavros Frets: 1525
    edited September 2022
    At long last, I've bought from them numerous times but seems a bit archaic to phone up, discuss possible timber they might have to meet your needs. This is fantastic news!

edit: on looking further, I'd really love to see photos of every blank they have, to pick from - I imagine that's quite a bit of work. What's there currently is better than the old website though.
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28397
    I just came here to say that his website is rubbish! So .... interesting! Thanks for the heads up.
  • Whenever I see a thread title that's just a name, I think somebody's died. Glad he's OK :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 9017
    Whenever I see a thread title that's just a name, I think somebody's died. Glad he's OK :)
    Same here.  I opened the link with trepidation.  He always did have a website, but it was just textual content on a parchment paper background.  Glad to see he now has a "proper" website with the means to place orders.
  • I remember going to David Dyke's as a teenager and being delighted to discover the old Merrydown cider factory was in the same village and you could buy it cheap!
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
    tFB Trader
    uksaint7 said:
    I remember going to David Dyke's as a teenager and being delighted to discover the old Merrydown cider factory was in the same village and you could buy it cheap!
    The Merrydown factory disappeared many many years ago, there is now a house in the state where the fact for used to be, just behind Davids use be lovely open fields and countryside it looks like they are now building a new town there. If you remember just passed Davids about 50 m was a very narrow bridge which is still there. I just wonder how all those commuters are going to cope with that bridge.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

• DanielsguitarsDanielsguitars Frets: 3362
    tFB Trader
    I'm lucky enough to know Lewis and you can trust his judgement with wood choices, he's also a builder LT custom guitars.
    www.danielsguitars.co.uk
    (formerly customkits)