Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

The Kitchen Sink Sale - 2 left and prices dropped

What's Hot
dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6074
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
Way way back in a time before lockdowns I was pretty sure that I'd get another group of reprobates together and have another band. Since then it seems that even when I'm not working, I have a camera in hand far more than I do a guitar, so it's time to make some space and let go of a few bits I really like but almost never make any use of. There is a proper mixed bag here, wood, wires, valves, transistors and toys. Not really looking for trades, unless it's a few bits here into a single thing or perhaps an inexpensive but playable small bodied acoustic for sofa noodling.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6074
    edited September 2022
    First in line is this Harley Benton 12 String, SOLD £150

It's a great little guitar and ironically, has very nice sounding pickups as standard. All the jingle, jangle and chiminess that you could want from a 12. Looks reminiscent of another guitar design I've seen somewhere but it's not coming to me right now. Answers on a postcard and I'll get Rightbackatcher. It's freshly strung, set up, plays really nicely and I even have a spare set of strings to go with it. 

1reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    Supro Ozark Limited Edition Re-issue 45 of 200 SOLD £450

This tiny, diminutive guitar packs a massive punch for any size. I've pasted in the official blurb but all you really need to know is that it's a delight to play, sounds huge and that you want it. I've not photographed the bespoke bag or its certificate of authenticity but they are both included.

The Supro Ozark is a modernized version of the late-50’s Supro guitar played by Jimi Hendrix and Joe Perry.

Historically accurate body dimensions and 25" scale length—as well as the signature pinstripe line art from the original instrument— have all been meticulously recreated in this limited-edition Ozark for 2019.

Given the opportunity to re-imagine the Supro Ozark, we have taken a number of steps to improve the playability and intonation of the original design while still capturing the sound of this classic American guitar.

A string-through-body hardtail bridge is mounted directly to the steel control plate, allowing individual intonation of each string while delivering the robust sustain of the original instrument.

Featuring a black satin-finished maple neck that is glued into a mahogany body at the 14th fret, preserving the geometry of this iconic guitar while vastly improving its playability and tuning stability.

A custom-made Aluma 90 pickup developed for Supro by Lace Music captures the tonal splendor of the original Valco lap steel pickup, while eliminating the physical limitations of the vintage string-through design. The new Ozark delivers unmistakable Supro tone in an instrument that can be set up and intonated like a modern guitar, yet still sounds and feels like a vintage classic.

This unique pickup was mounted on a large, steel baseplate along with the volume and tone controls and bridge, all integrated into a single assembly. In the 1958 catalog, Supro referred to the pickup on the Ozark as a “powerful Western-Unit” with “extra response that Western Stylists require.” Put more simply, this axe was designed from the start to be a monster slide guitar. The magic of the original Supro lap steel pickup has been harnessed by artists like Ry Cooder, David Lindley, Jason Isbell and Blake Mills.

In order to capture the sonic glory of this WWII-era pickup design, Supro worked with Lace Music to recreate the sought-after tone of the vintage Supro lap steel pickup found on the 1958 Ozark that inspired our new model for 2019. Heard on recordings by Aerosmith, Jackson Browne and Ry Cooder, the ancient, humbucking pickup that was used by Supro for the Ozark guitar of the late 50s was borrowed directly from lap steels going all the way back to the 1940s.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2023
    An Ibanez SR300e - SOLD  £160

You can get the full spec here https://www.ibanez.com/usa/products/detail/sr300e_1p_03.html

There is not really much to add, other than to say it plays nicely, sounds rather good for it's price point and the neck is very smooth and slim. So it suits a guitarist that wants a bass to dabble with or record without it feeling too alien.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited September 2022
    Ibanez AFS75T - SOLD £250

These are fantastic, all hollow beasties that play even better than they look. The pickups have a nice vintage warmth to them, the roller bridge helps to keep things nicely in tune with the “Ibsby” trem and the tuners do their job without fuss. The build quality is great and the finish isn’t short of wow factor. 

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2023
    Sound Brenner Core Steel, with lots of extra bits - £100 £130 posted - SOLD

This brilliant watch does a whole heap of cool stuff, take a look here https://www.soundbrenner.com/shop-core/

I bought it to try and tighten up my discipline a little but it turns out that my oddly wired brain can't cope with playing and sensory input at the same time. There are lots of extra sticky pads and magnets, so you can have all your guitars read to hold the watch in tuner mode. The earplugs have never been used. Oh and the smartwatch notifications scroll across the screen in a very very cool ticker tape style.

DSCF0145.jpg 982.8K
    DSCF0148.jpg 916.6K
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited January 2023
    Orange Tremlord 30w 1x12 Combo - £500 £600

A completely stand out amp from Orange that doesn't follow the normal filthy fuzz loveliness that we think of. This was designed to mimic the more US sound of the Fender stable with deep dripping tank reverb and big throbby tremolo too. It has a lovely clean that's not a million miles from a Deluxe Reverb and goes through to a smooth grit. It steps down from the big 30 watts with a two or four power valve option and also the "Bedroom or Headroom" switch. So you get 30, 15, 2 and 1 watt options.

This video is gives a good idea of what it's all about

https://youtu.be/JoQqt1wGilI

edited January 2023
    Pevey Bandit Revolution gone- £120

From the hands of our very own Doc C. I grabbed this to tick it off the list and see what the fuss is all about. Turns out it is as great as it's reputation suggests. It's also far too complicated for my simple ways and I don't really have a job for it here at all.

If you know of a club or group that brings the opportunity for young folks to play, or know a kid that can't afford an amp but has the chance to play, come and take it away on a pass it forward basis.

edited January 2023
    Ibanez GSR200BF - £100 £130

There isn't a lot to say about this one. It's very cheap, its' very cheerful, plays surprisingly well and sounds okay too. The neck feels really good and the nice set of flats on it probably nearly doubles the value. A doubt there is a better into to the wonderful world of fretless

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • am i missing prices n descriptions ?
    JMP220478 said:
    am i missing prices n descriptions ?
    Yes sir you are, I'm working through them all now :)
  • Great pics so far!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • AlunAlun Frets: 139
    Those photos are stunning! Would never guess that 12 string was a budget instrument from those shots. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Alun said:
    Those photos are stunning! Would never guess that 12 string was a budget instrument from those shots. 
    Thank you muchly. The only time it's felt like a budget affair was re-stringing it, the bridge is not a marvel of engineering but it does the job. It's a very usable bit of kit.
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1227
    dazzajl said:
    Alun said:
    <snip>the bridge is not a marvel of engineering</snip>
    ...it's probably a very accurate replica of the much more famous (and expensive) 12-string electric that inspired it then!

Sorry. The HB looks like a great instrument and I'd be after that if I wasn't saving to replace a completely knackered and obsolete PC.  
  • pjfpjf Frets: 332
    Sorry if I’ve missed but are you willing to post these? 
    pjf said:
    Sorry if I’ve missed but are you willing to post these? 
    The guitars, no problem at all. The basses, I don’t have any boxes long enough but with the neck undone, again no problem. I might have a box big enough for the Orange but not the Pevey. 
  • That Tremlord is lovely.  
    Trades?
  • Btw. 
    I drive from high Wycombe to Liverpool regularly. 
    Would happily help @dazzajl and any buyer out and deliver to the north west region - or along the way.  I’m going that way anyway, so would do so for free. 

Marlin 
  • The blue Ibanez bass is a good choice at any price. Eminently playable and a welcome change from the PJ sound palette.  
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • PM’d