SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS - D'Angelico Deluxe Brighton Limited Edition P90 REDUCED TO £825

What's Hot
Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 269
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Up for sale is this incredible guitar made by D'Angelico. It's from their premium 'deluxe' range and is in the limited edition sapphire finish. I've only had it a few weeks and have had the nut cut nice and low and the frets perfectly levelled by Jim at Planet Guitar. However I've just pulled the trigger on a Novo (thanks @Josh_Coskutoday which has left me in need of some funds!

It comes with the Seymour Duncan noiseless P90s which sound fantastic and a lovely dark rosewood neck. As you can see from the pictures I changed the pickup covers to cream which I'll leave on there, but of course I will include the original black ones.

It also comes with everything it came with including straplocks and a beautifully fitted D'Angelico hard case.

Can post at buyers expense and risk, although it is obviously in a hard case and I still have the double cardboard box it shipped in so there shouldn't be much risk involved.

Will consider offers around £950 collected from East Farleigh, Kent

Just had a huge bill come in for my '67 Bassman repair so will take £825 for a quick sale. Bargain! 

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• @Sharky77 have fun with it mate! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • How did you find the fit and finish straight "out of the box" on these new D'Angelicos? I note that you've straight away had it fettled by a technician - was in not so good straight from the factory? 

Reason I am if that I'm currently thinking of splurging on one myself, but don't fancy having to then spend decent money on it to get it playing right!

(GLWTS BTW!)
  • The fit and finish out of the box is superb. I always expect with any guitar at this price point that the nut will need to be cut a little lower and a few frets levelled to get it playing like a custom shop guitar. Of course it was perfectly playable straight away but I always think it's worth the extra to get a new guitar setup. 

I think it's definitely worth the extra £80 on any guitar under £2000 to have it setup straight away. Sometimes even on a guitar above that price bracket!

The binding and finish etc though is of the highest quality - definitely recommend from my experience! It's also a very nice weight, 7.5lbs from memory.

Hope that helps! 

Dontgiveupyourdayjob said:
    How did you find the fit and finish straight "out of the box" on these new D'Angelicos? I note that you've straight away had it fettled by a technician - was in not so good straight from the factory? 

Reason I am if that I'm currently thinking of splurging on one myself, but don't fancy having to then spend decent money on it to get it playing right!

(GLWTS BTW!)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ;

Also, if you buy mine, I've already spent the money getting it to play right  ;)
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Looks great. A proper DC Special killer
  • Sharky77 said:
    @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ;

Also, if you buy mine, I've already spent the money getting it to play right  ;)
    Hah! Nice try, but I'm looking more at some of their archtop ranges!  ;)
  • Sharky77 said:
    @Dontgiveupyourdayjob ;

Hah! Nice try, but I'm looking more at some of their archtop ranges!  ;)
    Ahh I see. Good luck with your purchase! 
  • Bump
  • Bump 
  • Sharky77Sharky77 Frets: 269
    Bump
    Bump