SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Wanted A Gretsch in trade, pretty open minded if it means consolidation

mstill1984mstill1984 Frets: 64
edited September 2022 in Guitars £

I've always loved Gretsches I have country gent and it's my favourite guitar (I got it on here, but it cost me my early 60s single anniversary, my second favourite guitar I've ever owned) so I would like to trade a couple of these guitars for another gretsch, vintage or Japanese, solid body, semi or hollow body show me what you've got. Just something I wouldn't have justified spending the money on in one hit but have no such qualms dropping that value if it's money I've already spent else where in my collection.

I have come to the realisation whilst trying to move my collection, I have too many guitars, accumulated over the last couple of years, a bargain here a trade I can't say no to there and now I can't move. So I need to downsize, I'd rather not sell because then their value becomes real, and I couldn't justify spending, so I'd really like to trade a few guitars for one, or two or what ever let's see what happens.

Here's a list of what I have, and photos will follow over the weekend
////////////////////////
fender strat plus in Bahama green 1987, players grade, with a Gilmore mod it has the original  hardcase (USA)
Fender player stratocaster hss Floyd rose tidepool blue (mex)
Fender standard telecaster aged white (mex)
Fender classic series 72 telecaster custom sunburst (mex)
Fender modern player telecaster honey burst (China)
D'Angelico premier excel salmon (Indonesia)
Epiphone et165 bard 12 (Japan)
1999 Danelectro U2 cream, brown binding (Korea)
Supro Belmont Americana series fibreglass top red (China)

Squier classic vibe 50s duo sonic (China)
Silvertone 1478 reissue black (Indonesia)
Airline tuxedo reissue black (Korea)

Also two projects

Pedal steel, no pedals or poles or levers etc, could work as is as a console lap steel. Has the bridge, roller nut and pickup

Mogar double cut thin line hollow body in green burst, made in Italy in the late 60s it has a nasty bash to the back but holds tune perfectly, and the pickups are d'armond Dynasonics although neck has recently stopped working, the bridge and tailpiece are also not original.

Some rough photos just to give an idea what I'm referring to, i'll take better as you need and as I have time. Cheers 

https://imgur.com/gallery/4cmAqTJ

I'm based in Margate, Kent but can travel in reason.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Good luck in your search, you’ll probably find it hard trading a few cheap guitars for a decent gretsch but you never know 
  • Yeah not sure this is the right place for it, but didn't think there was any halm. What I really need is a trader who thinking selling a couple of lower value guitars will be easier. Although I thought someone might be tempted here on the strat plus and one or two others. If some one offers me an electromatic or a streamliner against individuals I'd give it a thought to, it's not going to solve my problem but it might scratch an itch.