Finished Body by Weight?

What's Hot
Does anyone know of a website that sells finished bodies (specifically looking for Strat) that lists the weight of the individual body you're buying, for example the way that guitarbuild.co.uk does with unfinished bodies?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TanninTannin Frets: 6020
    We are not talking one of those Russian bride websites now are we?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Tannin said:
    We are not talking one of those Russian bride websites now are we?
    lol!

At first I missed the "bride" part and thought you were referring to some kind of scam guitar website from Russia.

As a monogamist though, I'm all sorted for wives ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 9017
    edited September 2022
    Alegree sells finished bodies, but doesn't show weights on the website:
    @Alegree ;; is a member here, so perhaps he might see this and be able to assist with weights.

The weights of the guitar bodies are shown in kg and lb and oz in the specifications section for each item on the Northwest Guitars website:

The small selection of Strat bodies sold by Axecaster show the weights in lb and oz:
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks very much @BillDL ;

Got a feeling the NorthWest one is a very general guideline rather than the true weight since all the Strat bodies are listed as the same weight and there is more than one of each colour in stock.

Maybe the way to go will be to contact sellers when I'm ready to buy and see if they allow to choose by weight.

Just to clarify, I'm not at the stage of being about to buy one right now, just so I'm not misleading any sellers who see this.
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
    tFB Trader
    thegummy said:
    Does anyone know of a website that sells finished bodies (specifically looking for Strat) that lists the weight of the individual body you're buying, for example the way that guitarbuild.co.uk does with unfinished bodies?
    I list the weight of every body in both metric and imperial. 

www.goldenera-guitars.co.uk 

Im not plugging for business, this is just to let you have a look. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Warmoth lists finished bodies - sometimes at discount prices - by weight.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 769
    edited September 2022
    MJT list the weight of their bodies, but they are unfinished weights. In my experience with MJT, add approx 2 to 3 ounces to the published weight for a reasonably accurate estimate of the final finished weight.
    thegummy said:
    I list the weight of every body in both metric and imperial. 

www.goldenera-guitars.co.uk 

Im not plugging for business, this is just to let you have a look. 
    Already a big fan of yours as it happens mate (and anyone reading this should have a look if they haven't already) but unfortunately at the moment I'm forced to look for a lower budget option.

Very much hope that one day I can buy both a guitar and a bass body from you!

@Funkfingers - Warmoth seems to be the place for guitar parts but I'd always assumed that with it being American, we'd get nailed on the import duty and shipping when buying from the UK, is that not the case?

@CasperCaster - had never heard of MJT but Googling it the prices seem to bre surprisingly low. Seems American though so would that not have the same issue with tax and shipping or have you bought from there before and it's been okay?

Thanks very much for the replies guys.
  • CasperCasterCasperCaster Frets: 769
    edited September 2022
    @thegummy yes, with anything from the US shipping, tax, duties and fees are a killer if you are on a budget - the pound is currently very very weak, so it's worse now than even a few months ago. I bought mine some time ago via their eBay page, so could see exactly what I was getting (unlike with a custom order). Pound was better when I bought it, and luckily not many bids on mine, but tax, duties and fees added another 30 percent, so definitely not a budget choice. On their eBay listings they often but not always list the weight. If it isn't listed it's usually because it's a bit heavier, but they generally write it in pencil in the neck cavity (sometimes upside down).
  • GoldenEraGuitarsGoldenEraGuitars Frets: 8892
    tFB Trader
    @thegummy you’re too kind, I appreciate that. There’s plenty of choice out there covering various budgets so you’d never be stuck. However, feel free to shoot me a message if you want to tell me what you’re after. It’s always worth firing ideas about.
    @thegummy yes, with anything from the US shipping, tax, duties and fees are a killer if you are on a budget - the pound is currently very very weak, so it's worse now than even a few months ago.
    Yeah man it's depressing, I remember when I first left school and had my own money it was closer to 2:1 for dollars to pounds, never thought I'd see it getting so close to 1:1.

@thegummy you’re too kind, I appreciate that. There’s plenty of choice out there covering various budgets so you’d never be stuck. However, feel free to shoot me a message if you want to tell me what you’re after. It’s always worth firing ideas about.
    Nice one, will keep that in mind!
  • thegummy said:
    Warmoth seems to be the place for guitar parts but I'd always assumed that with it being American, we'd get nailed on the import duty and shipping when buying from the UK, is that not the case?
    Probably. 

The question was put. I provided one answer.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    thegummy said:
    Warmoth seems to be the place for guitar parts but I'd always assumed that with it being American, we'd get nailed on the import duty and shipping when buying from the UK, is that not the case?
    Probably. 

The question was put. I provided one answer.
    And it was very much appreciated bud; was just asking in case my assumption re: the import duty was wrong.