SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - PRS S2 Standard 24 Mahogany Satin with PRS Gig bag

jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 248
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Fantastic, super light, do it all, coil-tappable USA PRS. 
I bought this a little while ago from @fretmeister but unfortunately some hefty vet and other bills mean I can’t really justify hanging on to it at this time.
£675 Ono. Ideally collection from close to Dorking in Surrey but if someone wants to arrange a courier at their expense and risk then that’s ok with me.
https://i.imgur.com/3fxvl3z.jpg

This is a fantastic guitar. USA built top quality, all round superb player without the bling of a lot of PRS and consequently without the usual high price. The only flaw is a very small ding where unfortunately my acoustic fell of its stand and marked it. It is shown clearly in the photos.It obviously has no effect on playability or sound etc and is purely cosmetic. 

It plays, sounds and feels top notch as you would expect. It is also gloriously light, weighing in at a very comfortable 6lb 10oz. With the coil tappable pick ups it covers any style you care to throw at it.

A used white one is currently for sale in Andertons for £1299 so grab yourself a complete bargain.

Main Features:

Mahogany body

Rosewood fingerboard

PRS 85/15 'S' pickups

Colour: Mahogany

Satin Finish

The PRS S2 Standard 24 Satin is a new approach to a timeless classic with a cool sleek satin finish.

The original PRS Standard, introduced in 1987 evolved from Paul Smith's pre-factory all-mahogany guitars. The S2 Standard 24 Satin takes that classic platform and reimagines it for the modern player. While the sleek satin finish and pickguard-mounted electronics will have you looking good, PRS' 85/15 'S' pickups will have you covered sonically. On stage or in the studio, the resonance of the all-mahogany satin body will shine through. 

With its solid build and versatile electronics platform, the S2 Standard 24 is a true player’s guitar that handles as well as it sounds whether it’s plugged straight into your amp or run through your pedal board. The S2 Standard 24’s solid mahogany body and set neck give this guitar a distinctive resonance and powerful sustain, and when mahogany’s rich, round, warm tone meets the 58/15 “S” pickups, there are plenty of clear highs and strong mids to be dialled in. The subtle aesthetic of mahogany and vintage vibe of pickguard-mounted electronics give the S2 Standard 24 an understated look for players who prefer a stripped-down approach to their music. 

The original PRS Standard, introduced in 1987, evolved from Paul Smith’s Pre-Factory all-mahogany guitars. Reimagined here for the S2 Series, the Standard 24 is gig-ready.

The PRS S2 Standard 24 has a thin nitro finish that gives this instrument a wonderful resonance and an open clarity that’s noticeable even when unplugged. The 85/15 "S" pickups are ready to befriend whatever genre you feel like playing from high gain punk,metal, warm bassy blues, country, soul or funk. The push/pull tone control allows for coil tapping and on-the-fly versatility. For players looking for a versatile workhorse with a distinguished look, the S2 Standard 24 is a perfect choice.

Specifications:

Body

Body shape: Double cutaway

Body type: Solid body

Body material: Solid wood

Body wood: Mahogany

Body finish: Satin nitrocellulose 

Orientation: Right handed

Neck

Neck shape: Pattern regular 

Number of Frets: 24

Neck wood: Mahogany 

Neck Depth At The Nut:27/32 Inch 

Width of Fretboard at the Body: 2 1/4 Inch 

Width of Fretboard at the Nut: 1 21/32 Inch

Joint: Set-in

Scale length: 25 in.

Truss rod: Standard

Neck finish: Satin 

Fretboard Inlay: Dots

Fretboard

Material: Rosewood

Radius: 10 in.

Fret size: Medium

Number of frets: 24 

Inlays: Dot

Nut width/Material: 1.687 in. (42.8 mm) PRS Proprietary

Pickups

Configuration: HH

Neck: 85/15 S

Bridge: 85/15 S

Brand: PRS

Special electronics: Push/pull tone control

Controls

Control layout: Master volume, tone

Pickup switch: 3-way

Coil tap or split: Yes 

Hardware

Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato

Bridge design: PRS tremolo

Tuning machines: PRS low mass locking

Colour: Nickel

Other

Number of strings: 6-string

Special features: Electronics

Country of origin: United States

PRS Gig Bag

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Bump
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 248
    Some slight relief re bills but am not using it enough.
    Update - Unlikely I know but - I will consider trades for AKAI MPC Live Mk2 or possibly AKAI Force.
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 248
    Sold elsewhere.