Rosewood TC

GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
edited September 2022 in Making & Modding tFB Trader

I’m going to be writing a full diary build of two Rosewood TC’s. The build won’t be to the finish guitar but just the woodwork side of the built.

Went down the workshop early this morning to take the first body out of the clamps, then cut round the outside. This is out of sequence of the build but I thought I just had to share this, I cut the surplus wood off round the outside, it felt quite light which is something you would never say about Rosewood TC. I put body on the scales, bit of a surprise, the weight is only 4lb 12oz. 

I normally do some chambering on these to try and help with the weight, but this time I decided to go the whole hog and rout it out as a Thinline or a F Hole TC.

More to follow, but it will be a little while as I’m very busy.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

https://www.facebook.com/grahame.pollard.39/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PeteCPeteC Frets: 500
    I'll definitely be following this - Rosewood, Teles, Grahams skills - what's not to like ! 
    Lovely grain pattern too @GSPBASSES ;

Will it have a RW neck? 

• GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
    tFB Trader
    PeteC said:
    I'll definitely be following this - Rosewood, Teles, Grahams skills - what's not to like ! 
    Lovely grain pattern too @GSPBASSES ;

Will it have a RW neck? 

Yes there will, I've managed to find some Rosewood neck blanks just over 30mm thick, this will allow me to cut fingerboards off the same piece of wood to get a reasonable match.

Your life will improve when you realise it’s better to be alone than chase people who do not really care about you. Saying YES to happiness means learning to say NO to things and people that stress you out.

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7430
    Ive got one of your previous rosewood tele builds and love it! Will follow this with interest.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Neat thread!

Is there a reason to cut the necks into a 2-pc build, rather than using a 1-pc construction with skunk stripe? 

And presumably, these are already pre-sold - right?! :mrgreen:
  • GSPBASSESGSPBASSES Frets: 2397
    tFB Trader
    I don't make 1-pc neck's with one way t rods, I only use to 2 way t rods so the neck has to be a 2-pc. No these are not pre-sold, when they are eventually finished I will most likely sell them as a kit with all the hardware.