SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 1963 Fender Telecaster

What's Hot
MikeSMikeS Frets: 2133
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
1963 Fender Telecaster

Utterly fantastic guitar. Lovely to play. I’d be keeping it if it weren’t for the fact I’d been offered a case queen untouched ‘65 from a friend at a price I can afford. That’s the only reason I’m selling. 

Neck dated June 1963, with original tuners and string tree. Original body dated October 1962, original bridge pickup, neck pickup 1962, original switch etc, Pots dated week 37 of 1962, original strap buttons. Correct Bridge and saddles. Hardcase is correct for 61-63 however this has been painted black by a previous owner and has some missing leather. The paint comes off so can be restored with a bit of patience. Latches present and functional. Not entirely sure if its had a refret, but you’d imagine it would have. There is fret wear, but it plays very nicely, with no buzzing or choking anywhere.

Non original parts are the pickguard and a body only refin by Scott at goldeneraguitars.

After much discussion between the previous owner and goldeneraguitars, It’s had a body refin in a sunburst finish, inspired by a ’59, and which shows off the wood grain nicely, and the pin router dowels are clearly visible between the neck plate and the ferrules, and ferrules and bottom of body. Being a ’63, the nail holes used in the painting process are all visible in the three routes. Okay stamp in a circle in neck pocket. Slab-boards were replaced in ’62, so this ’63 sports a Rosewood veneer fingerboard. Neck dated June ’63, and an early enough ’63 to still have a dated body in the bridge pickup cavity. Light as a feather at 7.5lb, and great fun to play.

A good honest Pre-CBS guitar that’s passed through a few hands giving the once over, including Clive Brown, the previous owner was telling me. Pretty much all original apart from pickguard and body refin. Great price, and a lot less than I paid for it,  so a great opportunity for someone.

Only selling as something has come up, so its simply just a cash raising exercise. Happy to listen to trade offers, but don't be offended, and flounce off in a hissy fit, lol'ing my sales post on the way out, If I decline.

£9995. SOLD

Thanks to buyer and to forum.

2reaction image LOL 18reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments