SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - Oil City Pickups Hybrid 2012: Scrapyard Dog plus bridge Nightfighter alnico 4 neck (NEW)

theimageofalltheimageofall Frets: 127
edited October 2022 in Parts £
I picked these up as part of the Oil City Fretboard only deal a few months back, but circumstances have changed and I have (and will) be unable to use them for the foreseeable, so I'm happy to move them on for exactly what I paid for them, so someone else can take advantage of the same deal and they do not stay sat in my parts cupboard!

I have a set of the Alnico 5 Scrapyard Dogs Plus' in one of my other guitars and they are amazing pickups.

Text taken from the original thread:

We are known for our medium output humbuckers, our 'PAFs on steroids' if you like - Goldilocks pickups: not too hot and not too cold.

The Scrapyard dog Plus (Alnico 5) has all the bite and agression of a good T-Top with added power and girth. The Nightfighter has the classic alnico 4 sweetness of a good PAF but again with more clout. 

These will only be available with black bobbins in 52mm bridge/50mm neck and uncovered. They will all be wired four conductor. 

These are brand new and never installed, so £119 + P&P to mainland UK, like what I paid.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 947

These will only be available with black bobbins 

Am I missing something?
    Trading feedback - https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228538/neilybob

flanging_fed “
    A Les Paul, @ThorpyFX ;;Veteran and the 4010 is awesome at volume, it’s like playing Thor’s hammer!” Ref Marshall JCM800 4010 combo 
  • Neilybob said:

These will only be available with black bobbins 

Am I missing something?
    Copied from the original Oil City post, so apologies for confusion.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15278
    Not sold yet? I'll have 'em.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    The Nightfighter 4 neck is really good. I've started putting high output ceramic pickups in bridge positions though. I never thought I'd be that guy but here we are
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10932
    edited October 2022
    Double post
  • I’ve got this pair in my Les Paul and that neck pickup is lovely. They’re both great but the neck really stands out. 
  • The Scrapyard Dog plus set I have in one of my guitars transformed it to be honest. I liked they way it played, but thought it sounded a bit sterile.The “Dogs” brought it to life, so I like them!

I have 'em. The parcel arrived today. :) 

Now, to decide what guitar to install 'em in. 
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 225
    I have 'em. The parcel arrived today. :) 

Now, to decide what guitar to install 'em in. 
    Where did @Funkfingers ;put them by the way?
    Apparently, the SYD+ was temporarily soldered into a PRS S2 Singlecut so that a friend could A/B test it against his Gibson '61 Burstbuckers.*

The NF4 remained in the box. Never seen solder. Both humbuckers still awaiting a suitable host … or offers of money. ;)

* The friend declined the OCP SYD+ … mainly because it wasn't black and cream. Duh! Instead, he had an SH-1N '59 with A4 magnet and my Seymour Duncan Brobucker.
  • skinfreakskinfreak Frets: 225
    I reckon the NF4 I have is going into my s2 this afternoon. I need to close the door on the long legged mystery Bare Knuckle...