SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Traded: 1966 Fender Electric XII

What's Hot
jimmyguitarjimmyguitar Frets: 2479
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Here’s something a bit different! This is a completely gorgeous 1966 Fender Electric XII in sunburst finish, all original parts. There is evidence of it being a really early factory refinish which, given it was obviously VERY early on in its life and was done in Fullerton, does not lessen its desirability or value.

All the classic sounds are here and it sounds sooo good, a very addictive guitar to play!

it comes in an original Selmer croc case which would be correct for a U.K. sold Fender instrument in those days. And look at that funky interior! 

£4000, Fender/Gibson/Martin trade offers welcome! 
0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tele69tele69 Frets: 198
    That looks fantastic!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MikeCMikeC Frets: 459
    Wow! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It’s a beauty guys! 

• This is the tell tale sign of the factory refinish, had I not removed the guard I never would have known. As you can see, a totally legit factory job.  
  • tomajohatomajoha Frets: 928
    Very cool Jimmy 
  • Lovely. I sold one of those Selmer cases years ago for peanuts. Sigh.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Bluddy ell
  • Lovely. I sold one of those Selmer cases years ago for peanuts. Sigh.
    They’re cool cases but they’re not super valuable, I bought two this year for other guitars, £150 each. They’re perfect for 60’s fenders though, love the look more than the USA cases tbh.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28390
    Holy jesus!! You don't see many of those round these parts :D 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • blobbblobb Frets: 3215
    Wow. That's got Pye Hastings written all over it.

Caravan

Feelin' Reelin' & Squeelin'
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5189
    edited October 2022

This is the tell tale sign of the factory refinish, had I not removed the guard I never would have known. As you can see, a totally legit factory job.  
    Very nice guitar. Has the red colour band in the sunburst on the front faded somewhat? It looks almost two-tone on the front in some of the pics, just a very thin red band visible, but clearly it’s a strong three-tone sunburst on the back. Lovely guitar. 
    260+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/

• This is the tell tale sign of the factory refinish, had I not removed the guard I never would have known. As you can see, a totally legit factory job.  
    Very nice guitar. Has the red colour band in the sunburst on the front faded somewhat? It looks almost two-tone on the front in some of the pics, just a very thin red band visible, but clearly it’s a strong three-tone sunburst on the back. Lovely guitar. 
    It has faded a bit on the front which is common, they didn’t used to spray the red on the area under the guard so that’s why it’s non existent there!