Modulus GTS-20 kit build

What's Hot
Finished my first ever amp kit build a whole back and have just finished making the cab. 

It's a fabulous amp, big thanks to Michael at @Modulus_Amps for all his help and advice during the build. 

It's sounds great, I absolutely love the blend switch through Ch 1 which switches in the 2nd channel. Works well with all pickups because you can add in the brightness of Ch2 where needed. Loads of time options to dial in and I can highly recommend this kit. 

The cab is birch ply finished with acrylic paints to get that brushed finish. It's worked well in places, less so in other areas, but overall I'm happy with it.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 8078
    Love the look of the headshell. The back panel would also look great if matched to the front one. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2851
    Love the look of the headshell. The back panel would also look great if matched to the front one. 
    Cheers. The front panel was quite a lot of work so I bailed on the matching rear and went with simple holes to reveal the valves. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2473
    Well done that man. You may well find that is not your last amp build!

Is there a separate build thread with gut shots?
    Keefy said:
    Well done that man. You may well find that is not your last amp build!

Is there a separate build thread with gut shots?

I really enjoyed doing it, found it far more rewarding than building a partscaster. I'm already looking at the Princeton Reverb kit...

Did't take many photos but a couple of process pics here;

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PeteCPeteC Frets: 500
    Very nice work - you can’t beat a good old hardwired valve amp.   What’s next ? 
    PeteC said:
    Very nice work - you can’t beat a good old hardwired valve amp.   What’s next ? 

Not sure. As mentioned, I really fancy the Princeton Reverb kit but I probably need to sell some stuff first because I'm creeping towards the 'too many amps' end of things.

Have been getting back into my hi-fi gear again, probably need to recap a couple of vintage amplifiers.