SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Ibanez 2550 Prestige Guitar In TGI Guitar Case. £500. No Longer For Sale

What's Hot
PALPAL Frets: 576
edited April 2023 in Guitars £
Ibanez RG 2550E Prestige Guitar In TGI Case.
I would describe this guitar as road worn .
Although I play guitar I banez is not my thing and this guitar came to me after
the owner passed away.
I do have knowledge of guitars but for me it's Gibson,Fender.Hamer,PRS etc.
The guitar had been left in a garage for some time so I spent a lot of time getting it cleaned up and made playable.
From what I can see there are a few anomalies but have list the guitar based on the neck.There have been a few mods done to this guitar but it plays with no issues.
I'm not sure if the neck has been fitted to another body as although the neck joint is as expected you can see some of the wood on the body you can see this in the photos.
The guitar has..
Gotoh locking tuners ( Odd for a double locking guitar ) but does make restringing easier !
Pickups. Are Dimarzio DP 158 & DP 159.
The electrics have been updated to CTS pots along with new knobs.
The guitar has strap locks .Chrome strap buttons and Black locks.
There are no issues with the frets or the neck or the electrics.
The finish on the body is a matt finish.
I think that's about as much as I can tell you but if you have any further questions feel free to ask.

Location Greenwich SE London. Price £500.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• NightswanNightswan Frets: 1525
    Body is def not the original one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PALPAL Frets: 576
    Nightswan said:
      I agree it's an oddball guitar ! Thanks for your info.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • NightswanNightswan Frets: 1525
    PAL said:
    Nightswan said:
    No probs. RG2550E would be HSH with pickguard. That scoop under the neck joint is not typical of Ibanez AANJ guitars though they did do a Super All Access Neck Joint with the scoop but I think they were on the AZ models. Neck is Wizard Prestige. Can't totally make out the trem but it does look like a Lo Pro Edge which is the best double locking system out there for my money.
    Nightswan said:
    PAL said:
    Nightswan said:
    No probs. RG2550E would be HSH with pickguard. That scoop under the neck joint is not typical of Ibanez AANJ guitars though they did do a Super All Access Neck Joint with the scoop but I think they were on the AZ models. Neck is Wizard Prestige. Can't totally make out the trem but it does look like a Lo Pro Edge which is the best double locking system out there for my money.
      Yeah I couldn't find anything like it on the internet . It plays well although I'm old school guitars myself. Thanks again.
  • RedFalconRedFalcon Frets: 191
    Wow, that has had quite the change. 

Neck looks like it’s from a circa 2005-6 RG2550E. Later necks had binding and Sharktooth inlays. 

The E stands for Edge Pro. Which this has been upgraded to a low-pro bridge. 

The body is completely Alien here, for a second I thought it was from an EX model. But I doubt it.
    Either the story is someone - filled up the single coil cavity, and the rout for the control layout and also did the neck joint carve - in addition carved a chunk out of the back. 

So I’m going to lean towards it’s a Custom 3rd party body. 

Only way to find out is to take the neck off the guitar. Model Number is usually stamped on the neck and the neck pocket.  
    RedFalcon said:
    Wow, that has had quite the change. 

Neck looks like it’s from a circa 2005-6 RG2550E. Later necks had binding and Sharktooth inlays. 

The E stands for Edge Pro. Which this has been upgraded to a low-pro bridge. 

The body is completely Alien here, for a second I thought it was from an EX model. But I doubt it.
    Either the story is someone - filled up the single coil cavity, and the rout for the control layout and also did the neck joint carve - in addition carved a chunk out of the back. 

So I’m going to lean towards it’s a Custom 3rd party body. 

Only way to find out is to take the neck off the guitar. Model Number is usually stamped on the neck and the neck pocket.  
    Hi. Thanks for the info. I think you are right about the body being 3rd party custom build as there is nothing stamped in the 
    neck pocket also I don't think the middle cavity was filled because the control cavity doesn't show signs of a blade switch
    which I have seen on three pickup Ibanez guitars. I didn't know the 'E' meant which trem was fitted.
    I also have one of the Zero trems I know there were more bits to them but this is all I have ( see pic )
    Thanks again for your help regarding the Ibanez guitar.