SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

PENDING Fender Relic 50s Stratocaster with CS Fat 50’s

What's Hot
DazzaDazza Frets: 93
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Hi all, my beloved Strat needs to go up for funds and my utter keepers locked away - hence some long deliberation. I had this beauty from Dazzajl and its superb this is from its original listing...

‘This is something unique. It started life as Mexican Classic 50s and has been completely taken back to bare wood and parts, refinished, aged and rebuilt. The body now has a thin nitro two tone burst that has been rubbed back and faded before the top coat was applied. So the look is very much ware from the outside and colour fade from the under the lacquer. The neck has had much the same process, so the checking is both beautiful and matching from head to toe. 

Since I got it I've upgraded the following;

Custom shop fat 50s
Red dime cap
Fully shielded - lined and behind pick guard
Steel trem block Fender vintage
Upgraded Fender vintage saddles
Fender Vintage 5 springs
Mint green relic pickguard (although purists may want to revert to 50s single ply)

Has a slipping low E tuner picked up by a kind Fretboarder - does not slip when tuning and holds tune spot on just when starting to add a new string - I have a replacement.

Low action with trem set to floating, the nut is cut quite low, suits my playing but just wanted to flag.

Comes with Fender Tweed case (player version).

I’ve let this go before but always comes back, its a great unique strat which plays and sounds superb - I can sort a vid if needed.

Hard to price up as its pretty unique but totally open to chat about price, here my starter for 10...

Looking for £790 - PP F&F - ideally pick up from Coleorton Leicestershire but can sort postage.

Recent images

https://imgur.com/a/Hz5PwN2

Original listing Images with single ply guard (trem, guard and pickups upgraded since these pics)

https://imgur.com/a/O8vFrvx

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Looks nice.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DazzaDazza Frets: 93
    @idiotwindow Thanks mate!
    Price tweak.. open to offers
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6075
    *bites lip*

really would like this one back  :3
    @dazzajl mate its a beauty as you know, just cash driving the sale otherwise I’d be keeping the playable wooden one off twiddle machine
  • NCoNCo Frets: 169
    edited October 2022
    Let me get this straight, this guitar was originally owned by dazza, who sold it to dazza, and now the original dazza is  interested in getting his guitar back from dazza?

Stunning guitar. GLWS!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @NCo yep - the Dazza Strat Paradox - cheers mate!
    Would you be interested in selling it as it was, more or less? Or have all the old bits flown the nest now? 
    NCo said:
    Let me get this straight, this guitar was originally owned by dazza, who sold it to dazza, and now the original dazza is  interested in getting his guitar back from dazza?

Stunning guitar. GLWS!
    All very simple really ;)
    @dazzajl old guard and pickups have indeed flown the nest. The trem block thread went so swapped to the steel and new arm otherwise would have been a yes - still sounds sweet if not sweeter
    Dazza said:
    @dazzajl old guard and pickups have indeed flown the nest. The trem block thread went so swapped to the steel and new arm otherwise would have been a yes - still sounds sweet if not sweeter
    I’m just doing the mental arithmetic and looking at ways to join the dots.  :3

That is a nice choice of pickups for its natural sweetness 
    @dazzajl I know the feeling well, no worries there - and yes, still retains the same core tone - the elixir of the relicing and a certain something that's for sure, there's something about it (sorry meant to put a warning of guitar cliches before this)
    Bump! Its Crackerjack!
  • merlinmerlin Frets: 6884
    Dazza said:
    Bump! Its Crackerjack!
    Not wishing to be pedantic but it can't be Crackerjack. It's too early, it needs to be five to five 
    @merlin you are indeed correct, I've gone to early - doh!
    Vid added (apologies in advance)
    Cool shirt and sounding exceptionally Stratty too. 
    @dazzajl  I was hoping you’d notice the gormless expression, I worked hard on that