SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

GONE Guild NS X-175 archtop with single coils and hard case

Jazzy_JakeJazzy_Jake Frets: 140
edited June 2023 in Guitars £

Selling my Guild Newark Street X-175 as it is not getting played enough (I bought a USA Guild X-150 and prefer the vintage style frets, although the pickups on this X-175 are more interesting than the single neck humbucker in the USA instrument).

In very good condition, other than some very minor fret wear, but the jumbo frets have a lot of life left in them. This model has been discontinued, so they are relatively rare now. Fairly sure this is the cheapest one going in the UK.

See the Guild website for a full description (https://guildguitars.com/g/x-175-manhattan/). It is a 17" lower bout, quite slim width, with two-ply laminate spruce top and laminate maple back and sides. It has repro Franz single coil pickups that are like a less middy P90. It has a relatively slim c neck that is very nice to play.

The sunburst is really very nice, and fades into a dark red, rather than black.

Comes with original hard case, and the second bridge designed for an unwound g string.

I had this guitar fully set up by a professional tech, including reshaping the bone nut and levelling the frets.

Pickup from Bristol also available if you like.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments