SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Gibson ES 295 - 1952RI VOS - Custom Shop

What's Hot
AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
edited October 2022 in Guitars £
Can't believe I'm putting this ad up as I sold this guitar about 4 years ago on here and messaged @williaaaam ;;;; to try and buy it back over and over again and finally got it back a few months ago....

It's a special guitar and imo the ultimate Rockabilly guitar but of course sounds amazing for anything you throw at it... So why am I moving it on again.
Well I've ripped my bicep in the gym  and the deep depth of the body and that is horrendous. I only have two guitars so need to be able to play both, I was starting to think prior to the injury I might prefer a guitar that sits closer to the body.

This was made in Memphis in 2015 and in the rarer sixties cherry red. I believe they made only 5 of these in the actual 50s so it's a tribute to those guitars rather than the more obvious Scotty Moore/Elvis Gold ES295.
It looks and feels like a well looked after vintage guitar with the VOS finish. 
The necks quite chucky with nice rolled edges I think it feels in-between the 58/59 Gibson neck shape. 
Pickups are Gibson MHS p90s..

Anyway you probably know all this as anyone into these guitars normally wants them for the obvious reasons and history.

I'm surprised under the new management Gibson hasn't Re-issues these yet and amazed we didn't get on with the new Elvis film, sure they will be hitting the £8000 mark when they do looking at current prices.

Comes with it's OG hardcase and COA.

Trade wise I'd be interested in Murphy Lab Gibsons especially the 64 SG / Gretsch and Fender custom shop. Looking at Reverb these seem be rising at a silly rate(what isn't ) So I'd say trade value is anywhere around 5k.

I'm based in Stockport / South Manchester.

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6884
    OMFG! I want so much but have nothing to trade. What a beauty. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Good lord, that's gorgeous!

Alas, I think if I pooled all the guitars I own together it still wouldn't reach the trade value, even if you actually wanted them! 
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    edited October 2022
    I had one of these in red (not this one) and they’re sensational things.  3

I did have the opportunity of having a quick feel on a car park just outside Stafford and was most impressed

Call me Dave.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    Beautiful guitar. Are you interested in a straight sale? PM sent.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • it's lovely in all the right ways
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    Glad I'm sitting down! Would you look a that
  • TDubsTDubs Frets: 736
    Hattigol said:
    Beautiful guitar. Are you interested in a straight sale? PM sent.
    I'm sure there's a WTB thread for one of these at least once a fortnight!
  • AlexOAlexO Frets: 1117
    Thanks for all the nice comments... I've had more messages telling me not to sell it so far