SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/FT: TV Jones Spectrasonic Supreme

What's Hot
Tentatively putting up for sale this rather lovely and pretty rare TV Jones guitar that I acquired from @DB1 earlier this year. 

No great reason for the sale other than it's dropped down the pecking order of guitars I'm playing in recent weeks, and i've got a hankering after something hollowbodied. It's a great guitar and I'd ideally love to keep it, but I have a small house and an even smaller bank account, so it needs to be "one in one out" unfortunately. Ideally I'd like to sell this and buy something cheaper in order to free up some cash due to starting hefty payments on a new car.

Here's a link to the original FS thread from DB1, as he's much better at this stuff than I am! 
Sold: TV Jones Spectra Sonic Supreme - £1475 - Guitars £ Discussions on theFretBoard 

From the TV Jones Website:

Specs

Body: Single cutaway chambered semi-hollow, w/b/w/b binding on top

Body Top: Figured maple

Back and Sides: Chambered alder body 15.25" X 1.875"

Neck: Maple

Scale length: 24.625"

Weight: 7.9 - 8.5 pounds

Headstock Face: Black with white binding

Fretboard: Ebony with white binding

Inlay: Custom TV Jones Shoestring Potato fret markers and a TV Jones pearl logo on headstock

Width at nut: 1.687" - Delrin material

Width at end of Fingerboard: 2.25"

Finish: Laser Blue Metallic

Frets: 22 frets, medium wire

Tuners: Sperzel non-locking #1 buttons

Bridge: Tokiwa ABR-1, brass saddles

Tailpiece: Bigsby B-12 vibrato

Pickguard: 3 ply pearloid / black / white

Plating: Chrome

Pickups: TV Jones TV Classic Plus Bridge and TV Classic Neck

Wiring Harness: Switchcraft pickup selector, CTS 500K master volume, CTS 500K master tone, .022 uF Cap

Pic shamelessly stolen from the original thread. (Will get my own no-doubt inferior photos sorted in the next couple of days)

I'm based in Tyne & Wear and at the moment would need to be collection and or meet up somewhere in North East/North Yorks  area as I don't have a box. 

Asking price is £1475 as per the original sale thread I got it from. Cash is always king, but if you have anything hollowbodied that you could put in as a trade/part-ex then I'm all ears. 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    Oooooh, nice!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Benm39Benm39 Frets: 801
    That's rather lovely! Any interest in potential trade for the Broadkaster?
  • Benm39 said:
    That's rather lovely! Any interest in potential trade for the Broadkaster?
    It is rather lovely, as is your Broadkaster. However, probably a bit too 'samey' as I'm itching for something fully hollow, ideally with P90s. 
    No worries :) I may be in touch if I sell the Gretsch, albeit I don't imagine this will hang around long.  GLWTS!
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8228
    edited October 2022
    Paging @CFH ...

This was also mine and it's bloody lovely. I'm, ahem, done for guitars otherwise I'd definitely be having it back.

Oh, and @Dontgiveupyourdayjob is a top bloke to deal with.

GLWTS.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    Really great guitars these......played a few and always really enjoyed them
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    edited October 2022
    Tempted.  

As a sidebar, I have an Eastman T64v. 
    It’s hollow and has Lollar P90’s. I’m absolutely not interested in selling or trading it, frikin’ love the thing. But, if you’re after a hollow body with P90’s, I can’t recommend them highly enough.  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6075
    Man, your timing is terrible. ;)
  • TheMarlin said:
    Tempted.  

As a sidebar, I have an Eastman T64v. 
    It’s hollow and has Lollar P90’s. I’m absolutely not interested in selling or trading it, frikin’ love the thing. But, if you’re after a hollow body with P90’s, I can’t recommend them highly enough.  

Yeah they look great. Unfortunately my sideshow midget hands couldn't get used to the unusually wide nut on the previous Eastman I owned. And they're a bit more than what I'd want to spend sadly.
  • DB1DB1 Frets: 5031
    Lovely guitar, the TVJ and @Dontgiveupyourdayjob is a lovely fellow to deal with.

As @TheMarlin says, the T64/v is a lovely guitar. I bought a used example from the forum a couple of weeks ago, and it's just superb. I've had many ES-330's, from vintage, to CS, to the excellent 2018 models, to 59/63RI's and this Eastman is up there with the best of them.

I was chatting with  a well-known and respected guitar reviewer and journalist via the forum the other day and mentioned it. His reply? 'I've got one as well. They're ace'.

Thoroughly recommended, especially used. Absolute bargain.
    Call me Dave.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • As promised, here's my own substandard pics to prove that I haven't knackered it since i bought it!

TV Jones pickups (obvs):

Coolest headstock around:

Serial number:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Tis certainly a pretty thang! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    It is lovely
  • Sunday bump!