SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Patrick James Eggle Macon slab mahogany flamed maple p90/filtertron £2100 price drop / trade

What's Hot
SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 393
edited January 2023 in Guitars £

Evening all, selling this beauty, purely because I have a full fat Macon semi hollow in last stages of build and need to somehow foot the 2nd half of the bill now.

I have 5 PJE's, only guitars i'll have now after a quest through all Fender, gibson & PRS have to offer, these really are the pinnacle and UK made to boot! Current 10 month wait & prices just increased across his site.

-Slab single piece mahogany body, thin pore 
-Trans black - but more like 'chocolate'
-Flamed maple neck, with lovely flaming
-Santos rosewood fretboard with lovely striping
-Mojo mojotron p90 neck and mojotron filtertron bridge with coil split.
-Ebony headstock & pearl logo
-Tweed & plush red hardcase, rarely see these
- Light sub 8pounds, will weigh this week

Originally peach, 2nd owner
https://youtu.be/Na5DIEJ7TzY

Excellent condition, can see a couple of pick swirls at best.

£2500 posted & fully insured. £2450 collected from WS12
Now £2350
Now £2250?

Bump.

Would consider trades for Gibson custom shop LP/SG's or fender custom shops. Most likely to sell on to recoup funds

Trade value £2500

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RevMattRevMatt Frets: 864

I have 5 PJE's, only guitars i'll have now after a quest through all Fender, gibson & PRS have to offer
    Yes....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMatt said:

I have 5 PJE's, only guitars i'll have now after a quest through all Fender, gibson & PRS have to offer
    Yes....
    Feline must be considered ;)

These are the ‘vibiest’ guitars I’ve played. In many ways, mine beat a ‘full fat’ carve top. 
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RevMatt said:

Yes....

These are the ‘vibiest’ guitars I’ve played. In many ways, mine beat a ‘full fat’ carve top. 

Yeah, they are a great 'working' guitar, rather than show piece, but I have 2 near identical with p90/filtertron. Its defiantly got a grunt to it when playing and the necks sublime!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Are you on commission from Feline, this must be the second or third PJE sale post in recent weeks in which you've replied with a plug for Feline ;) - I'm sure the quality of Feline is not in doubt
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 393
    edited November 2022
    RevMatt said:
    Feline must be considered

Are you on commission from Feline, this must be the second or third PJE sale post in recent weeks in which you've replied with a plug for Feline - I'm sure the quality of Feline is not in doubt

Felines up there, I'd say they're 3rd in UK after Patrick James Eggle & Seth Baccus from what I've owned/played and last few years I've mainly only tried to buy British built, the fact I've ended up solely with 5 PJE's says it all.

God Tier - Patrick James Eggle
    Great - Seth Baccus, Feline
    Good - Crimson, Gordon Smith

Heard good things, but not owned - Rob Williams, Munson, Fraser (but I believe there more made elsewhere, and assembled/reliced in UK?)

....however, this is only my subjective opinion, of which experiences for others will vary!
  • drpbierdrpbier Frets: 244

I have 5 PJE's, only guitars i'll have now
    With you there. My Macon Jr is head and shoulders above anything else I've had.  Have a Macon DC in build now and I moved a much loved Novo along for it. GLWTS. 
  • RevMatt said:

Are you on commission from Feline, this must be the second or third PJE sale post in recent weeks in which you've replied with a plug for Feline ;) - I'm sure the quality of Feline is not in doubt
    Yes!  Just don't tell anybody!  I think they've overlooked too often, considering the price/quality comparison.  And definitely not a down-comment on PJE (although 2 x QC issues I've had are interesting).
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
  • bump
  • Got an ebay listing offer, so would accept offers on here of £2350 collected, or £2400 posted and listing on ebay for more.
  • bump
  • CastroCastro Frets: 530
    Having just acquired a Macon with 2 Lollar P90s I agree that the Macon neck is sublime. 

It's a great guitar to play unplugged too.

And at £2,350 it's unbeatable quality for the money.
  • Castro said:
    Having just acquired a Macon with 2 Lollar P90s I agree that the Macon neck is sublime. 

It's a great guitar to play unplugged too.

And at £2,350 it's unbeatable quality for the money.
    Thanks bud, yeah the slab mahogany gives it great resonance unplugged! 
  • bump!
  • bump
  • bump £2250?
  • To the top!
  • bump!
    As someone with a shared passion for all things PJE, can I take a liberty and comment on price? I know it's frowned upon, but this isn't a 'you've well overpriced it mate' type comment...

Thing with guitars of this quality and price range, is it's a niche market and when that buyer comes along they'll want it - sometimes it's just a case of waiting for that moment.

With that in mind, I wonder if the price drops are just selling yourself and the guitars short. I'm not convinced £100 here or there will make a massive difference, and if there is a buyer sitting on the fence deliberating for the sake of £100 surely they'd get in touch and make an offer?

Anyway, just my ramblings so feel free to ignore but these are great guitars and worth every penny (especially when you consider how much the prices of other guitars are going up - it make these an even better buy by comparison)!

• RevMatt said:
    As someone with a shared passion for all things PJE, can I take a liberty and comment on price? I know it's frowned upon, but this isn't a 'you've well overpriced it mate' type comment...

Thing with guitars of this quality and price range, is it's a niche market and when that buyer comes along they'll want it - sometimes it's just a case of waiting for that moment.

With that in mind, I wonder if the price drops are just selling yourself and the guitars short. I'm not convinced £100 here or there will make a massive difference, and if there is a buyer sitting on the fence deliberating for the sake of £100 surely they'd get in touch and make an offer?

Anyway, just my ramblings so feel free to ignore but these are great guitars and worth every penny (especially when you consider how much the prices of other guitars are going up - it make these an even better buy by comparison)!

RevMatt said:

Tbh i'd thought i'd priced it fairly! Just nothing seems to be selling currently & need to shift
    one before my Macon comes in! So rather drop and take a small hit to get a buyer! Its a v odd market currently!
  • bump