SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

For Sale - My 1960 Hofner President in Natural Blonde - £740

Hello Fretters - I'm listing my vintage 1960 Hofner President electric guitar semi in very good condition. The President was Hofners top of the line arch top and was distributed in Great Britain by Selmer, France.

George Harrison played one when he joined the Beatles. Spruce top and laminated maple back and sides. Binding on the body and neck, inside the f-holes and on the headstock.

One non original tuning knob. Compensator tailpiece. 2 original black bakelite adjustable pickups and generally an original example. The chunky neck and the frets are in very good condition.

Two small indents on the top where the old scratch plate would have been seated I assume - it also has the same type of indent on the headstock although I'm unsure of the origin of this (see photos). The guitar plays well and electrics work although switching the buttons does not seem to affect the sound produced in different positions. General wear a tear in keeping with the age of this lovely example and the guitar is in very good condition for its age (over 60 years old now).

It has the serial number printed / stuck inside the body (viewed via the f hole) which dates this instrument to 1960. It comes with an old non-original hard case. I have owned and played / gigged with this for around eight years and have enjoyed it very much. I don't use it enough now so am happy to sell to a new owner. I'm sure it will only increase in value if looked after as I and others have done.

I cannot seem to find how I put the photos on so just contact me and I will send some for now until I suss this out!

A great looking guitar. I'm hoping you can see some photos on Instagram... https://www.instagram.com/onetunsoup/ You can access Instagram on your computer too!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• See this Instagram post by @onetunsoup:
    - Maybe here too!!
  • Cool looking guitar, all the best with ur sale,
    just for clarity the president wasn’t their top of the line, it was their mid range arch top. 
  • Cool looking guitar, all the best with ur sale,
    just for clarity the president wasn’t their top of the line, it was their mid range arch top. 
    Thanks for letting me know MM.
  • So just to clarify folks. My Hofner President I'm told, was their mid range arch top!! Nice!!