SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

2011 Gibson 1941 J-100 re-issue HUGE PRICE DROP £800

What's Hot
simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 699
edited August 17 in Acoustics £
Beautiful, big bodied Gibson. Constructed like a J-200 and based on a model only made for a year or so in 1941-42. The "regular" J100s now are basically a J200 without bells and whistles. This one, however, retains a bound neck, multiple body binding and a nice tiger stripe guard. (And a factory LR Baggs pickup, of course - very 1941!!)

Picked this up from former Gibson Artist stock so it's almost certainly been played on tour by a Gibson endorsee or two. The case is covered in gaffer tape and labels (no damage, just for identification) showing signs of life on the road.

The guitar is in decent shape but does have a few signs of playing so isn't minty mint. Nothing obvious from normal viewing and certainly nothing deep or damaging.

I spent considerable time picking this out over another J-100 in sunburst, several J-45s and and a few Atkins, too. It plays great (it's had a pro setup since) and just gets louder and louder as you strum it harder. Very little in the way of compression. If you drop the D and give it a whack the low rumble you get is glorious!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1x4LTrzWorfTeNCE-nqInMePaMpxZOO0G

Looking for £2400. Will consider personal delivery or collection but not prepared to risk postage, sorry. Based near Farnham (trip to Guitar Village and Andertons at the same time!).
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TDubsTDubs Frets: 772
    I had one of these and it sounded massive! Was great. Loved playing it in DADGAD.

GLWTS
  • simonhpiemansimonhpieman Frets: 699
    edited October 2023
    Bump with price drop to £2195
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sorry, just realised the old photos had stopped working.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1X22LcbD2D_iMvYaNrVCVQNzhZgTzweB_
    I've got my eye on something else I'd like so price drop bump. Let's go!
    Had some interest elsewhere but always happy to keep things here if possible.

Tiny drop to £1950 to get the wheels in motion?
  • scanbranscanbran Frets: 2
    Just want to say good luck with the sale. I have one of these just now and it's become my favourite guitar.
    Thanks! It's a good un and has served me very well.
  • EndpinEndpin Frets: 12
    Photos seem to have disappeared 
    Endpin said:
    Photos seem to have disappeared 
    Sorry @Endpin try these:

So...

Someone was kind enough to knock this over on a stage while I was off having something to eat at a corporate gig a few weeks ago. And of course nobody owned up to anything but that's another story...

And sadly, with this being a Gibson, the headstock snapped. Photos in the folder below.

Luckily the headstock face is fine so any repair should be invisible from the front but there will be splines required and it'll always be visible from the rear.

I've had a quote of £400-£450 to have it fixed by Simon at SMB guitars who I have do all of my work. I may still have him do it but I thought it was worth posting here first.

Whenever someone advertises one of these as repaired it can always raise questions so perhaps someone would prefer to take the project and be sure the repair is undetaken by their preferred luthier to their satisfaction rather than trust a name they haven't heard of.

Asking £800? Still with the Gibson hard case. You can even have the strings, they were fairly new on!!

As said above, I spent considerable time picking this out so it's a good 'un and definitely worth saving.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Bump for this! Some interest but nothing concrete yet.

It's currently with Simon, the luthier, in his queue to be worked on. The work should start in the next week or so.

It needs a new nut as well so will need a setup. The guitar will be for sale for £1300 once fixed or it's your last chance to take the project at £800.

Any questions please just ask!
  • SOLD!