SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Punk/rock guitarist/singer looking for band near Peterborough

I'm 29 and have just moved to the Peterborough area. I have been playing guitar and for 21 years. I have gigging, touring and recording experience. I also have transport and gear. Influences are: Samiam, Foo Fighters, Strung Out, Bodyjar, Useless ID, Alkaline Trio, No Use For A Name, Face to Face, The Swellers and Hot Water Music
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26458
    edited September 2014
    Goddammit, man, you're two weeks late for us :(

Get yourself down to Attica and Solstice on Thursday nights - plenty of open mic nights around (that's where a lot of new folk find bands here). In fact, come along to my gig on Friday night at the Met Lounge while you're at it, and I can introduce you to the rest of my band...the music scene round here is pretty incestuous, and they know all the people you need to know...
    <space for hire>
  • danbandanban Frets: 343
    That sounds like sods law lol.
    I would love to check out your band and meet the guys but I'm away this weekend which is double sods law but let me know when you guys play next and I'll definitely make that one.
    Can never turn down watching bands and going to gigs..
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26458
    edited September 2014
    Typical :D

We've got one next Saturday (27th) at the Voodoo Lounge in Stamford - not far up the road, if you fancy it; as a general rule, I get the first round in if a forumite turns up at a gig, if that makes a difference...
    <space for hire>
    I like the voodoo lounge went and saw some bands (Including a friends band) play there. 
    Great little venue, I'm there. Don't suppose its one of Gareths nights is it?
  • Nope - the singer from my old band is running it as a birthday gig (but it's not a private thing). 4 bands on that night - I think it's a punk-ish band opening, then a prog grunge band (the ex-bassist from my old band), then heavy rock (my old band) and then us (slightly less-heavy rock). Should be an excellent night - be great to see you there :)
    <space for hire>
  • I'm playing at Attica on October 16 if you fancy coming down, always happy to chat about gear and whatnot! https://excellentadventure.bandcamp.com/track/long-river
    You guys are incredible, can hear Hot water music and Belvedere hints for sure. I'm there!!!
  • Cheers @danban! Both great bands were all in to among many others. Cheers for that! Make sure you come n say hi!
    Bassist found, drummer needed.
  • Here you go, dude - might be right for you:

<space for hire>
    Plans fell through so still looking for a band, just want to get playing again.