SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB Gretsch G6131TDS Jet Firebird

What's Hot
Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2448
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
A very long shot I know but does anyone here have or know of a G6131TDS that could be for sale.

To clarify, the G6131TDS Jet Firebird is a Gretsch Proline series guitar made in Japan by Terada about 2004 - 2009. It has a single cutaway body with Firebird Red face, black back and sides, humpblock fret markers, a Gretsch Bigsby and Dynasonic (single coil) pickups. See @PC1971’s excellent photo below.

Thanks
Jim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• PC1971PC1971 Frets: 386
    edited November 2022
    Great guitars. Good luck with your search @Jimbro66 ;;
    https://i.imgur.com/bXdm8we.jpg

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2448
    PC1971 said:
    Great guitars. Good luck with your search @Jimbro66 ;;
    https://i.imgur.com/bXdm8we.jpg

Is that yours??  I want I want :D  Lovely guitar.
  • PC1971PC1971 Frets: 386
    Sure is Jim! An '07. All stock but I replaced the Melita bridge for a rocking bar. Gotta love a jet! ;-) @Jimbro66 ;
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    A bump in the hope that there is one for sale somewhere.
    New year’s bump. Still looking. There has to be one out there needing a new loving home
  • Does it have to be red? Player series Dynasomic Jets look to have the same spec.
    'Vot eva happened to the Transylvanian Tvist?'
    Does it have to be red? Player series Dynasomic Jets look to have the same spec.
    Thanks for that CV. Yes, I’ve looked at the Players Edition jets which are available in a much wider colour choice but I don’t like that they are a LP-ised version of a Jet. In particular I’m not a fan of their B5, much preferring the traditional type of Jet with a B3.

I do have a Players Edition 6120 and that’s OK because it is just a traditional 6120 but with locking tuners, strap locks and an adjustomatic bridge (which I’ll change). It even has a proper B6.

I don’t know why Gretsch felt the need to mess with jets but that’s the way it is.

Thanks anyway for the suggestion. Much appreciated.