SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Harmony Silhouette (sold), Harmony Comet (sold) and Schecter PT Special (sold)

Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
edited December 2022 in Guitars £
The opportunity has arisen to buy back an old favourite, and I can’t pass it up. But with this and another recent addition, I need to balance the books. I’ve listed and withdrawn the two Harmony guitars a couple of times, as I love playing them, but I’m resolved to sell them this time. I think.

The Schecter is lovely guitar too, and lightweight. It was my first Schecter, and it’s impressive at any price, let alone the price they retail at. 

I’ve cut the text down from my previous FS post to fit them in one post. 

Harmony Silhouette - Flame Maple Top - £900 (PPG/Bank Transfer) including UK postage

This is a really striking guitar with hand-wound gold foil mini-humbuckers. The flame maple top looks great. I imported it from the USA at fairly significant cost. This may well be the only flame maple Harmony Silhouette in the UK - they weren’t 

It’s lightweight, weighing 7lb 5oz (3.3kg)

It has a small dink near the jack socket and a couple of other imperfections that are photographed. Otherwise, it is in really good condition. These imperfections came to me from the shop. There isn’t any play wear as far as I can see.

It has recently been restrung with D’addario NYXL 10s. The only new one in stock (Slate Grey) is listed for £1,649(!) at Andertons.

Here’s some info from Harmony

Boasting a unique off-set shape that is both sleek and comfortable, and uncomplicated wiring of our custom Harmony gold foils; the Harmony Silhouette is the perfect guitar for players looking for a new playing experience. Made in Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA.

Body Wood: Alder

Top Wood: Flame Maple

Body Finish: Nitrocellulose

Neck Wood: Maple

Neck Profile: C

Nut Width: 1 11/16"

Fingerboard Wood: Ebony

Number of Frets: 22

Nut Material: Bone

Position Inlays: Dot

Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose

Scale length: 25"

Fingerboard Radius: 12"

Fret Size: Medium Jumbo

Bridge Pickup: Custom Goldfoil Minihumbucker

Neck Pickup: Custom Goldfoil Minihumbucker

Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 3-Way Toggle Switch

Others: Orange Drop Capacitor

Bridge: Custom Half-Bridge with Compensated Saddles

Hardware Finish: Chrome

Tuning Machines: Locking

Control Knobs: Custom Cupcake

Switch Tip: Chrome

Case: MONO Vertigo

https://imgur.com/a/fEA66Fr - more photos 

Harmony Comet - £950 (PPG/Bank Transfer) including UK postage

This is well made and sounds great. It weighs just 6lbs (2.7kg).

I’ve had it from new and I’ve hardly played it as it is pretty similar to the Harmony Rebel. There are a couple of very minor imperfections, but nothing that I can really photograph.

It comes with a great quality mono vertigo case.

These are out of stock in the UK with a waiting time of over three months - the new price is £1,499.

I’ve recently restrung it with D’addario NYXL 10s.

Here’s some info from the manufacturer:

Inspired by the original Harmony H72 of the '60s, the Comet represents the very first semi-hollow electric guitar in our lineup of cherished musical instruments.

This double cutaway guitar has an immaculately carved genuine mahogany top and back for warm, well-rounded and acoustic-like tone. The addition of a center block minimizes feedback, and the long-tenon set neck construction increases sustain.

Custom gold foil humbuckers provide sheer musical enjoyment for players who love rock, blues and more, while the push/pull master volume pot extends the Comet's tonal possibilities by engaging incredible out-of-phase sounds.

A six-in-line headstock pays homage to the original H72's iconic look, and premium hardware ensures that the Comet will never lose its appeal.

Specifications

Body Material Genuine mahogany

Body Color Trans Red

Body Finish Nitrocellulose

Fretboard Material Rosewood

Fretboard Radius 12"

Fret Size Medium jumbo

Neck Width 1 11/16"

Neck Profile "C"

Neck Material Genuine mahogany

Neck Finish Nitrocellulose

Nut Material Bone

Scale Length 25"

No. of Frets 22

Fretboard Inlays Dot

Pickups Custom gold foil humbuckers (neck & bridge)

Controls Master volume (Push/Pull), master tone, 3-way toggle switch

Electronics Orange drop capacitor

Bridge TOM bridge and tailpiece

Tuning Machines Locking

Hardware Finish Chrome

Control Knobs Custom cupcake

Switch Tip Chrome

Case MONO Vertigo™ Electric Guitar Case

Country of Origin USA

Schecter PT Special - sold on eBay for £450

I impulse bought this to try a Schecter. I’ve never had one before. Well made and lightweight (6lb 9oz). It’s pretty much as new. There is one small mark on the front on close inspection. It’s a very nice guitar, but behind a Macmull, Harmony and Fidelity in my order of preference.

The push/pull control makes it versatile too.

Specs are:

Specifications

• Product: Schecter PT Special, Aqua Burst Pearl
  • Product Code: SCH-GTR-667

Body

• Body: Swamp Ash
  • Binding: Cream 1-Ply
  • Colour: Aqua Burst Pearl

Neck & Fingerboard

• Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Shape: ''C''
  • Fingerboard Material: Rosewood
  • Fingerboard Radius: 305mm
  • Inlays: Mother of Pearl Dots
  • Frets: 22 X-Jumbo
  • Nut: Graph Tech XL Ivory Tusq
  • Nut Width: 42mm
  • Truss Rod: 2-Way Adjustable Rod w/ 5/32” (4mm) Allen Nut
  • Scale Length: 648mm

Hardware & Electronics

• Hardware Colour: Nickel
  • Tuners: Grover Vintage
  • Bridge: Vintage Ashtray with Staggered Brass Saddles
  • Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
  • Bridge Pickup: Schecter Diamond VT-1
  • Neck Pickup: Schecter Diamond V-90
  • Pickup Configuration: SS
  • Controls: Volume/Tone (Series-Parallel Push-Pull)/3-Way Switch

https://imgur.com/a/bLqlGfj - more photos 
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You decided to keep the Juno then? How’s fingerpicking on the Silhouette? And what’s it like playing seated. I read a review (which was otherwise very positive) say it’s a bit neck-heavy
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Rich31kRich31k Frets: 831
    You decided to keep the Juno then? How’s fingerpicking on the Silhouette? And what’s it like playing seated. I read a review (which was otherwise very positive) say it’s a bit neck-heavy
    The Juno actually sold on eBay before I could withdraw it. Sorry about that.  

The Silhouette is comfortable on my knee - it doesn’t pull down at the neck or anything. I was playing (fingerpicking) on it last night, and really enjoyed it. 

I’m torn on selling any of them, but I have three similar-ish guitars (this one, the rebel and the comet). 
  • Is there much difference in tone between the Juno and Silhouette do you remember?
    Is there much difference in tone between the Juno and Silhouette do you remember?
    Sorry @CharlieShaw I completely missed this. They both have some sparkle (like all the Harmony pickups), but the Silhouette is a bit thicker and has less hum/noise being a mini-HB v the single coil P90
    Bump
    Schecter sold for £450 on eBay 
    Silhouette sold, Comet on hold
    Thought I had a buyer for the Comet. But they’ve gone quiet, so it’s available again for now - unless or until he goes ahead.