This amp caught my ears recently in a music store....

siraxemansiraxeman Frets: 1935
edited September 2014 in Amps

The current Fender Twin Reissue. The guy was just playing a stock American Standard Strat into an OD-3 set low gain, and a Vox Handwired Wah. On walking round the huge Store (PMT Music Salford) I had to follow my ears and find out what that sound was being made with! And well...I was surprised to say the least.

I just love the sound of a loudish electric guitar with a lowish gain dialled in....just sounds like those old classic rawk sounds we hear so much on so many records. The sound that guy was getting with the OD-3 was like ACDC...but on a SSS Strat! Loud, punchy gritty but still very defined and articulate. A very real and NATURAL sound.

Maybe if I'd have played thru it I'd have been far less impressed and it might just have been his fingers that were catching my ears.....but I doubt it!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great amp but it probably was a very good guitarist too :)
    Link to my trading feedback:  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/59452/
  • 57Deluxe57Deluxe Frets: 7406
    edited September 2014
    ...is like curry - always smells better outside the curry shop than when you do one at home...

But is true... some guitars and amps just work together really well and if you as a player have that affinity, then people will weep. 

I did same in Guitar Village a while back to see a shop assist noodling a classic Telecaster into a Vibroking... I shed a tear, I won't lie...
    <Vintage BOSS Upgrades>

The twin reverb reissue is the best clean amp I've heard. I heard a Dumble clone once and it was just strident - nice enough, but the twin reverb really had that deep bass and clear top end.

And the od3 is the best od pedal I've heard. My friend has one and it sounds great through anything.