SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Vintage early 1966 Gibson ES335TD, super clean!

Hi all, up for sale is my super, super clean early 1966 Gibson ES335TD, 100% stock and complete with its’ original Lifton hard shell case.

First off this guitar sound GREAT! The original PAT decal humbuckers are fat, bright and articulate with beautiful compression and gives up all the classic vintage 335 tones we know and love. 

The neck has the narrower post ‘65 nut width, but a chunky profile overall, with good depth and full shoulders which reminds me of a chunky mid ‘60s Fender, and side by side my ‘50s Gibsons it’s no ‘step down’ in playability or feel.

It has the early ‘60s spec wide bevel guard, ABR-1 stamped bridge with original nylon saddles, original Kluson Deluxe tuners, gold reflectors knobs and all other correct appointments, in near spotless original condition!

This guitar is in stunning shape with extremely vibrant tobacco sunburst finish very nearly flawless- completely unmarked on the back, and only a single tiny blemish on the top, and save a healthy amount of finish checking congruent with a genuine ‘60s Gibson is truly stunning!

The headstock has two minor marks around two tuner ferrules, but is again extremely clean overall, and save some slightly more pronounced checking behind the headstock transition area, is a real jaw dropper.

An early ‘60s 335 in this condition would set you back £20k+, and the market for clean, original mid/late ‘60s examples has completely blown up, so alongside being a heady slice of what makes a vintage Gibson so compelling to play and own, is an excellent investment.

I’m pricing this very keenly at £6950, which is a solid £1500 less than other recently sold examples (in not as good shape I’ll add!), in the U.K., and I’m certain the next owner will be thrilled as soon as they open the case! 

I’m happy to ship anywhere this needs to get to, pro packed tracked, and can supply any further pics, and answer any questions, so please reach out. 
0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments