Weird dream

What's Hot
Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25598
I had a strange one last night....  I was stuck in 1986 but as the age I am now, and I remember thinking (in the dream) "obviously this is a dream, I can't really be stuck in 1986", so I went along with the dream and was quite enjoying the experience until I started getting concerned that it was dragging on a bit, so went to sleep (in the dream) with the idea that when I woke, the dream would have ended and I would be back in 2012 (I don't know why I was two years out !).  However, when I woke (in the dream), I was still in 1986.  Several unsuccessful attempts later to fall asleep and awake in the correct (!) year and I started to panic that I actually was stuck in 1986 forever.

That's the last of the dream I remember.  This morning I awoke for real and of course, it was 2014.

A dream within a dream.... weird !
Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    I had a weird one the other night. Lots of Japanese horror girls with hair over their faces chasing me, like in the Ring.

Then I woke up and my wife was laughing in her sleep.

Couldn't get back to sleep till the sun was up.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74495
    Are you sure you weren't just in Blaenau Ffestiniog? I went there a couple of years ago and it was 1984.

Went down to Porthmadog and it was 1998, I think.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_Fab;23884" said:
    I had a strange one last night....  I was stuck in 1986 but as the age I am now, and I remember thinking (in the dream) "obviously this is a dream, I can't really be stuck in 1986", so I went along with the dream and was quite enjoying the experience until I started getting concerned that it was dragging on a bit, so went to sleep (in the dream) with the idea that when I woke, the dream would have ended and I would be back in 2012 (I don't know why I was two years out !).  However, when I woke (in the dream), I was still in 1986.  Several unsuccessful attempts later to fall asleep and awake in the correct (!) year and I started to panic that I actually was stuck in 1986 forever.

That's the last of the dream I remember.  This morning I awoke for real and of course, it was 2014.

Did you take advantage of your prior knowledge of 1986?

"A city star won’t shine too far"

• Emp_Fab;23884" said:

Sports almanac...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I once dreamed that I couldn't get to bed due to a Party in the house that wouldn't end. When it eventually did(still in the dream) I went to bed only to lie awake and struggle to sleep(still in the dream). Then the real life alarm clock went off, it was Monday Morning, I nearly cried. I was all over the place that day.

:-(
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • vizviz Frets: 11041
    edited September 2014
    I once dreamed that I couldn't get to bed due to a Party in the house that wouldn't end. When it eventually did(still in the dream) I went to bed only to lie awake and struggle to sleep(still in the dream). Then the real life alarm clock went off, it was Monday Morning, I nearly cried. I was all over the place that day.

Maybe it's all the other way round?
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • viz;357013" said:
    Bellycaster said:

I once dreamed that I couldn't get to bed due to a Party in the house that wouldn't end. When it eventually did(still in the dream) I went to bed only to lie awake and struggle to sleep(still in the dream). Then the real life alarm clock went off, it was Monday Morning, I nearly cried. I was all over the place that day.

Maybe it's all the other way round?
    Shit, I'm still asleep. Aaaaaargh, the Twilight Zone is all true.

:-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 25598
    edited September 2014

I vaguely remember looking at the cars and the fashions and thinking "Hah ! - I know what the next model is going to be like' and 'Fucking hell - did people really walk about dressed like that ?!".  Beyond that, too many years have passed (in reality) for my brain to have retained much knowledge of 1986, so it wouldn't have appeared in the dream.

Christ, I can't remember last month with any clarity ! - never mind 28 years ago !

I'll have to Google what happened in '86 now....

Catchphrase started with Roy Walker, the UK and French agreed to built a tunnel across the channel, Unemployment was at a post-war high, John McCarthy is kidnapped, Andy and Fergie get married, The Independent is launched, the M25 is opened, Mad Cow disease begins, British Gas is floated on the Stock Exchange and the Space Shuttle explodes.

Wow.  Quite a busy year then !
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."