SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Sold. Gretsch 6128T-59 VS Vintage Select 59 Duo Jet

What's Hot
TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
edited January 2023 in Guitars £
For sale, my lovely Gretsch Duo Jet 59 Vintage Select model. 

It’s an awesome guitar and my favourite Gretsch. 
It not only plays beautifully, sounds fab, but also smells incredible!  All that mahogany and ebony wafts up to smack you in the face when you play it. Very intoxicating. 

Only selling as we’ve got building work going on, and need to spend a lot more than we had originally planned. Otherwise, would keep this one for life. 

No marks on it, only a little dust.  The back of the neck has been lightly rubbed with a scotch pad for a Matt effect, previous owner doesn’t like glossy necks. A light buffing will bring the shine back.   Has beautiful 3D wood grain. 

One of the two best Gretsch I’ve ever owned, there are right up there with the Pro Shop models for quality and playability.  Still has plastic cover in some rod the rear plastics. 

No fret wear.  Is in fabulous condition. 

Plenty of details here about the model (which I believe is no longer in production)
https://wildwoodguitars.com/product/JT21114549/g6128t-59-vintage-select-1959-duo-jet-6/

Loads of photos here:
https://imgur.com/a/yEpqZfB

Asking £1750

Thanks for looking

Marlin

sorry, now sold. 
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• You are killing me with these lovely Gretsches Paul 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8333
    It’s killing me to see this one, but wife wants the most expensive wood burning stove in the store!

…..sobs gently to himself…..
  • I also own one of these and can vouch for how brilliant they are. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 6074
    Wait? What??!

Not something I expected to see. Might have to start scheming.

again  :3
    Well, it’s either this or the Maybach that’s got to go, and I’ve barely had time to even try the Maybach yet. 
  • Blimey, that’s a bit lovely.
    TheMarlin said:
    Well, it’s either this or the Maybach that’s got to go, and I’ve barely had time to even try the Maybach yet. 
    Knowing both guitars, that’s a very tough call. 

There’s a lot of reasons I’d rate the Jet just a whisker ahead but that Maybach has an almost perfect neck carve for you. 
    Bump
  • TheMarlin said:
    It’s killing me to see this one, but wife wants the most expensive wood burning stove in the store!

It may be time to trade in the wife. ;)

Another stunning guitar you are letting go, this really does look incredible (has the come play me vibe). Best of luck with the sale. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:

Another stunning guitar you are letting go, this really does look incredible (has the come play me vibe). Best of luck with the sale. 
    Wifey is challenging to maintain, and quite noisy, but has plenty of miles left on the clock, and bodywork is in good shape. Will keep her.  

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlin said:
    TheMarlin said:

Wifey is challenging to maintain, and quite noisy, but has plenty of miles left on the clock, and bodywork is in good shape. Will keep her.  

If you change your mind Paul my sister in law thought you looked very handsome when she gatecrashed our coffee and guitar handover a few months back.

I could part ex her against the Gretsch ?
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    TheMarlin said:
    TheMarlin said:

If you change your mind Paul my sister in law thought you looked very handsome when she gatecrashed our coffee and guitar handover a few months back.

I could part ex her against the Gretsch ?
    I’m flattered. Nice to hear this curmudgeonly hairy old goat can still turn a short sighted gal’s head. Doesn’t bear closet inspection though ;)

Wifey is Italian, so straying could result in a nag’s head in the bed, and I’ve just changed the sheets. So will have to pass. 

That did put a smile on my face though 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    You know @DrCornelius, I’m beginning to think that just maybe, if we didn’t sell them, we wouldn’t find ourselves tied up in knots trying to find ways to buy them back?? ;)
  • dazzajl said:
    You know @DrCornelius, I’m beginning to think that just maybe, if we didn’t sell them, we wouldn’t find ourselves tied up in knots trying to find ways to buy them back?? ;)
    I know mate - I’ve tried so many guitars that I now know exactly what I like . That invariably leads to me chasing guitars I liked but stupidly sold to try something else that I didn’t !

Keeps me happy though and I think there’s more than a few of us in similar boats

dazzajl said:
    I know mate - I’ve tried so many guitars that I now know exactly what I like . That invariably leads to me chasing guitars I liked but stupidly sold to try something else that I didn’t !

Keeps me happy though and I think there’s more than a few of us in similar boats

I resemble that remark!
    Bump
    Bump 
    edited January 2023
    This is currently ‘resting in my account’ and it’s the most exquisite Jet that I’ve laid hands on. It’s the one with that recreates the model that Mr Gilmour didn’t include in that huge sale. And playing it
    shows why it’s the only HB guitar that I’ve seen him play too. 

With no disrespect to the irrelevantly cool and ever gorgeous Mr Marlin, his pics don’t really show just how beautiful it is. I’d really like to find the money to snag it myself but since that’s not especially likely, I’ll take some tomorrow. 
    Thanks Darren, your photos are amazing. That’s why they pay you the big bucks!!
  • Yes looking forward to seeing some Dazza magic sprinkled onto what is already a gorgeous guitar.

Its like David Bailey shooting Cindy Crawford