SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - MIJ Yamaha SA-1100 FS/FT

What's Hot
zedhexzedhex Frets: 198
edited February 2023 in Guitars £
Hi all, I have a 1988 SA-1100 for trade or for sale. This is quite a rare guitar - and it's not easy to find much information on them, and some of the information online is flat out wrong. According to Yamaha's own site :

https://www.yamaha.com/yamahaguitars/ElectricandBassGuitarSerialNumberSystems.pdf

This guitar was made in June 1988 in Japan - and the "made in Japan" written on the back of the headstock is a dead giveaway. They were only made in Japan from 1988 to 1991, so it's a definite rarity in this country. 

This is a great guitar to play, and it's in near mint condition. Speaking as the owner of a Gibson CS ES335 I can attest that this guitar is a serious rival to the 335 at a fraction of the price.

Given its rarity and condition, I'd value this guitar at £1050, but I am open to offers or trades. I would be interested in a Yamaha SG2000 or similar, or possibly anything Gibson-like with P90's. Cash adjustment can be either way.

https://imgur.com/a/JQGr7E8

one thing I forgot to mention: it comes with its original Yamaha case - and in typical Yamaha fashion, that's also top-quality.

Price drop: now only £1049.99 !!!!

Also, I'm also interested in trades for valve amps/cabs

0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• RolandRoland Frets: 8961
    Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • zedhexzedhex Frets: 198
    edited December 2022
    Roland said:

thanks Roland - I still haven't figured out how to do this
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lentolento Frets: 118
    edited January 2023
    The SA series are great guitars and Antique Yellow Natural my favourite finish. Would like to find the 2100 with ebony board in this colour ....
    GLWTS.
    It's the New Year's Eve bump!
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10921
    If this is anywhere near as good as my SG1000 it'll be very good indeed! GLWTS
  • Hi there, I'm based in Dublin Ireland, I have a Yamaha sg1300t that I have put hb sized P90s into.  If you look on reverb you'll find it.  I'd be up for a trade.  Happy new year!
    edited January 2023
    looks interesting at first, but after checking further it's the model with tremolo on it - so I don't think I'd be interested
    Still interested in trading this - anything with P90s and similar to an LP special would be nice
  • Hi I've PMd you 
    weekend bump time - will also trade for any interesting valve amp/cab
  • Hi there, I'm based in Dublin Ireland, I have a Yamaha sg1300t that I have put hb sized P90s into.  If you look on reverb you'll find it.  I'd be up for a trade.  
    Hi there, I'm based in Dublin Ireland, I have a Yamaha sg1300t that I have put hb sized P90s into.  If you look on reverb you'll find it.  I'd be up for a trade.  

I just had a look, and I can't see it - the only ones I can find on there are in the USA and Australia
  • Devil#20Devil#20 Frets: 2097
    I keep gettting that strange feeling of Deja vu. 

Ian

Lowering my expectations has succeeded beyond my wildest dreams.

it's gone to a new home. I always hate selling guitars, it's like watching your kids go off to university....
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16413
    .....only one brings money in and the other is an haemorrhage