Another soldering iron recommendation request

I know, I know, this has been asked a thousand times. Problem is, I've gone to some of those older pages and half the time the links are broken, and the other half I can't find the products people mention.

I'm after a not-too-expensive soldering iron. Fact is I'm growing tired of spending £40 a pop and a weeks turn around getting a set of pickups swapped in and out of guitars, so think I need to learn how to do it myself.

It wouldn't be used all the time, just for the odd aforementioned pickup swap and/or any wiring repairs that may come up like swapping pots or capacitors every now and then. Probably won't need some massive gas powered fishing rod sized behemoth capable of getting up to a billion degrees or whatever.

I have no idea what a decent one would even cost. There's the ebay/amazon cheapies, there's the more upmarket stuff that costs hundreds of quid. I don't even know what is or isn't really necessary or what end of that spectrum I'd need to look at.

What do people recommend? Is it even worth getting one if it's only going to be used every few months or so?
Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments