So ...... after a few years of not getting anything going, new project underway

I'm making ... yet another Tele. For a long time I've liked the idea of a really rustic, knackered old Tele, something looking like it's made from an old barn door. So it's finally underway, I'm gathering parts, planning stuff etc. I've drawn up a very rough idea of how it will look.

I have just splashed out on a Bigsby B5 so it's game on.

This is a rubbish time of year for me to do anything. My workspace is a garage that is freezing, it leaks water everywhere and is generally unpleasant to be in. So why start now? Well, there are two people that I would love to show this guitar to, I know they will both love it, but sadly I'm not sure how long they will be around so I need to get on. One is my dad, 94 now and we have no idea how long he will last, and the other sadly is a pal who is in a bad state and definitely nearing an end of life scenario.

Anyway, enough of that, this is the rough plan. I quite fancy something different for pickups. At the moment I'm thinking standard bridge pup but something different at the neck. Open to thoughts on what could be interesting though. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Oil City Winterizer 1 or 2, Firebird pickup. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • I’ve a catswhisker firebird in the neck of my trigger’s broom tele -lovely pickup and Allan at Catswhisker is great to deal with, had this wound and out to me within a couple of days.