What cap/resistor values for partial/tuned coil split on Hot Rails pickups.

As per title. Is anyone using partial (AKA tuned) coil splittage with Seymour Duncan SHR-1B, SHRT-1B or SHRT-1N pickups? What value capacitors and/or resistors have you used?

I find parallel mode underwhelming and full split mode only useful in combination with a second single coil.

Host guitar is a v.2 Chapman ML-3 Traditional. There is no expectation that it should ever twang again. Distortion all the way - possibly even down tuned.
You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Andyjr1515Andyjr1515 Frets: 3129
    edited December 2022

I find parallel mode underwhelming and full split mode only useful in combination with a second single coil.

I split all of my 4-conductor humbuckers on all of my guitars - Hot rails, Tonerider, P-rails, Gibson; PRS...different pots, different caps - and I know exactly where you are coming from.  And I can't remember a single time in a gig where I have actually used either of those combinations.  

The only additional combination, that is actually for me the most useful for a two pickup with threeway switch, is splitting one and humbucking the other.  Splitting the bridge with a humbucked neck can add treble clarity to what is basically still a bassy neck tone.  Likewise, splitting the neck and humbucking the bridge adds an interesting tonal change that is useful for some numbers/venues     

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 15276
    Thanks. 

My question is now moot since I decided to go the 2502N selector switch route. My HR4Tele pickups will use the DiMarzio/Ibanez five-way HH circuit.

Bridge
    Inside coils
    Bridge + neck
    Neck (parallel mode)
    Neck (series mode)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.