Strat Neck 12" Radius . Bridge Question for Body.

Hi all. Maybe a stupid question. I have a Rockinger strat neck lying around, and thinking of matching it to a HH body next year, probably a telecaster body from guitarbuild (maybe). 
If I go HH, it would be a hardtail bridge. Anything I should take into account with spacing? If I went with a regular tele setup, then I guess a regular tele bridge would be ok?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3222
    edited December 2022
    A couple of points to note before you rush out and buy a body, you might already know this but….
    Just because its a Strat copy doesn't necessarily mean the parts are Fender compatible, which Guitarbuild bodies are…

So first off Id hold the Rockinger neck alongside a Fender/Squier neck and check they are the same.
    Then measure across the heel at the widest part and see if its 56/56.5mm. Check its the same height front to back too, Is the nut in the same place relative to the heel on both necks?

Note that the heel end of a Strat neck has a slight radius, a Tele neck is square, fitting Strat to Tele or Vise Verse, there will be a slight mismatch, if that doesnt bother you then fine, but worth knowing, there are ways around it, you could mod the end of the neck, or mod the scratchplate

Assuming the neck is physically the same as Fender spec, then I dont see an issue and a Tele bridge should work

If you need a photo of the neck mismatch, Ive got enough parts littering the place to oblige….

Apologies if you already knew this, I learnt the hard way!

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1550
    edited December 2022
    @paulnb57 oh yes ! Some great points there. I also found out the hard way thinking a squier CV mustang neck would fit a squier jaguar body.
    I will get out the measuring tape later !

Just need to check how a strat neck works with tele spacing etc...

If I were to go HH config should the hardtail bridge have SC or TC spacing…
  • victorludorumvictorludorum Frets: 1167
    edited December 2022
    I think the bridge spacing comes down to personal choice. Some like the wider, more vintage spacing which pushes the strings towards the edges of the fretboard, while others like a narrower, more modern set up. I have a Tele with a humbucker in the bridge and my bridge is spaced like the American Standards and has 6 saddles. The bridge pickup has 53mm pole spacing and it all lines up nicely. The radius can be adjusted via the little grub screws.